Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Portable CD Player

Hey, no problem. I've spent years smiling like an idiot in the streets / on the bus while listening to that discman. Many wonderful memories with it. And hey, if there's no reply or if no one knows how to get a replacement in the near future, i could always mail you mine for you to try it for awhile. No trouble. smile.gif

I think you can buy the parts because the link goes to the parts order page. I'd appreciate if somebody can translate the japanese page. unsure.gif

I did ask about buying a MD remote from a Sony shop last time but they refused to sell me one. No idea why also. But they will be happy to replace/repair if you send your spoilt remote in.

Here ya go.. good news and bad news. It's mighty expensive!

---

27th June 2003

Dear Varian Lim

We are pleased to quote your requirement as follows:

1. 8-952-628-00 (RM-DM20L) costs SGD94.60 (inclusive 4% GST) each

Order Lead Time : 1 week upon 50% Deposit for confirmation of order

Address : Sony Electronics (S) Pte Ltd

401 Commonwealth Drive

#01-03 Haw Par Technocentre

Singapore 149598

Working Hours : Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:45pm)

Thank you and best regards

Yeap S.H.

Spare Parts Dept.

What a rip off! A few tens of $$ more and U can buy a new Sony pcdp.

Mat,

I have an idea but I need to carry out an experiment to confirm the following can prevail.

U can meet up with anyone of us who has D777 and he can activate the Mega Bass (usually step 1 will be sufficient as2/3 are too boomy) on your set (U gotta bring it along of course). Unless an outage occurs which defaults the feature to "none", U can connect your Eggos direct to the output port and enjoy Mega Bass. Furthermore, it's a good way to decide if U ever need this feature at all.

As for outage, it usually means sudden disruption in power supply when the cd is playing.

Edited by Mackie

Still willing to mail it to you to try if you like. smile.gif

But i'm thinking Mat wants to keep it as a permanent accessory more than just for the mega-bass equalisation features. After all, a CD player without a display is a little dampening. And the buttons on the remote are more comfortable to use than the ones on the unit itself.

Mackie, your idea works. =) But not with my player anymore, unfortunately. I find that it tends to lose its "memory" after awhile (power outtage required, yes). Didn't have this problem in its wonder years though. Maybe it's cos i was using rechargeables and there was always that amount of power left to save the bass boost setting.

Varian, I think leaving it connected to the AC power adapter permanently and avoid fully drained rechargeables should retain the memory.

Ah, i don't have my rechargeables no more. tongue.gif

Speaking of which, if you still have yours, i think i have a quick charger (10 mins to half charge, half an hour to full) if you or anyone wants to have it. =) Will have to look for it first tho'.

Varian, I still have the complete package albeit one side if the stock ear buds are kaput. Btw, the rechargeable are available at Stereo Electronics (Causeway Pt). I bought a pair for $70-80 a few month ago.

Mat, do U want the instruction manual? I happened to locate it while searching for something else last night. I can xerox a set and fax it to U.

Edited by Mackie