Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Portable CD Player

if you want to get gumsize batteries, i suggest getting a GP instead of the original sony ones. The GP costs $10+ while sony is $40. ppth.gif

evil: a pair only 10 dollars?

sure or not.. wanna buy for my iriver leh..mine uses sanyo though, which is still much cheaper than sony's

hm not badnot bad..

can consider liao biggrin.gif

They're the flat and longish silver type. Don't remember the original's model number but i remember buying an NiMH variant (orange base) with a higher mAh rating.

Comparison done today between the D-777 and the D-EJ925.

N@z did the serious A & B ing, test procedures includes.

Listening through headphone out with Eggo's D66SL. eggo.gif

Line out with META42 amp (AD8620) with Beyerdynamic DT880. beyer.gif

Result will be posted soon! headphone.gif

Next week will be ABC'ing with D-9

BTW, we took some pictures photo.gif

Edited by matbon0013

great... finally after so much hype about pcdp..

we get to see their box.giflaugh.gif

Give me time to do the write up, have not had a chance at all tonight due to family committments. Tomorrow also going to watch Charlie's Angels & evening my son's school project to complete before school reopens Monday! Mat I may need your photos or you can start the thread now & post you pics as mine look grainy. Might be something wrong with it already, time to get a new digicam methinks.

no hurry N@z, just make sure the photos look good laugh.gif

At this rate, I mean.. mat buying all the vintage pcdps and the reviews keep coming from you two.. we can see which vintage pcdp is good/worth the money happy.gif

oh and please do me a favour. Maybe you can use batteries and try to grab it in your palm while you walk. Listen to any skip. this is the most important aspect for me. If it fails this test, everything falters

Ahh, that's an aspect I did not test as all my listening is done stationary. I don't like not being able to hear that bus or lorry careening in my direction! LOL!

PCDP in my application is for travelling say, airplanes (if allowed), hotels (get your mind out of the gutter, if any!) beach & at home when I'm not at my main rig. So ultimate portablilty & skip resistance is not taken into consideration.

oooh!

but if they pass my 'skip' test then I can actually consider buying them already happy.gif

yeah it does make sense too.. like portable in your application. Ah perhaps time to check those cash converter to see if there's any rare models biggrin.gif

I take my hat off to those who managed to preserve the D9..............my first pcdp.

I found a site that has the RM-DM20L HERE w00t.gif .

Don't loose your remote guys!

Mackie, is it correct that the normal mini jacks need an adapter to use with the remote unit?