Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Sennheiser HD-530 MkII

Here's a Sennheiser can from the past - please note that the model number doesn't reflect the current day status - it was a popular can in Studios. Ie this 530 is not equivalent ot the currentday 5xx series as it uses the more upmarket PX4 connector. The old pads and headband are in the background. Why did I get them refurbished you ask? Because they are like a Sennheiser HD-600 light (no as heavy or rich sounding). I wonder what the difference would be when you compare a Senn HD-600 with Cardas against a stock Senn HD-530 MkII ;-). Would they....

530MKii_with_replacementpad.JPG

care to post review of how they sound, say compared to the cans in the same price range(grado, beyer ?)

I wonder what's the difference between the hd530mkii and the hd250mkii .. both are intended for dj/professional use.I've seen the hd250mkii used quite widely by our local radio station, 98.7 that is laugh.gif

Guy,

Both Senn and Beyer have confused me with their numbering system from time to time. The HD-580 and HD-600 are are from the same era as the 530 MkII . The other current 5xx series are the bionetic line (completely different in price and sound). Don't confuse the 2 ( I am still confused with Beyer's numbering "system". I mean the DT-931 was the top-of-the-consumer-line, the DT-990 Pro the top of the pro line. Then the DT-880 is top of both lines. Now they have the non pro DT-990 and DT-770 LOL. Numbers should move in one direction (like BMW or Merc). We all know BWM 316 -318 - 323 etc.

hey I recognise your daughter's kiddie table hehe biggrin.gif

still got your friend's digicam huh Rameish? happy.gif

hahaha.. lol!!

Yeah.. so far I find senn is the most confusing.. hd200 series..hd400 series.. hd500 series..

then comes the px series, mx series(earphones) and not to mention the eH evolution series.

There is just so many cans and which is intended for which I don't really know also.

As for beyer, yeah the recent numbering is quite confusing. I think grado is the easiest lol!!! as the no. moves from the smallest to the biggest , 325 for sr family. tongue.gif

What big companies then to do is flagship marketing. ie if you can't afford the best, hey guess what there's a model number (from a newer generation) that's close enough and a lot cheaper.

Also they will continue producing their cash cow until they find a replacemnet model - so if the HD-650 takes off (in terms of marketing and profit), it will replace the HD-600 but if it doesn't then they still have the HD-600. And will give it another shot as HD-600 II LOL HD-600 SE, or HD-700. Then there will be lesser models with 620, 630 etc and people will think that these are better than the 600.

Sadly, all the big boys play this game.

That's how they stay profitable but at the expense of consumers.

As always full sized Senns look absloutely plush & comfy. I think I am one of the few people who like velour ear pads opposed to leather or simulated. Even in upholstery. I think someone on Head-Fi said it aptly, it's like having a lamb's ass on your ears!!!

Lamb's ass - hmm LOL. No these have a pleather type of pads - better than the sony type but still pleather. The grill on the cups are metal. Much better than the bionetic type. Sounds very similar to the Senn HD-600 but the sound isn't as rich and thick. Hence my comment above about a Senn HD-600 with Cardas vs HD-530 II stock cable.

Lamb's ass - hmm LOL. No these have a pleather type of pads - better than the sony type but still pleather.

when you say 'sony type' I take it you're referring to the 7506. the CD3000s use a vastly superior type of leather. in the spec-sheet, its described as "collagen-like" and in my experience, I've never felt a nicer softer, more supple leather. not the Staxes, not the hi-end Audio-technicas, or any other brand for that matter. part of the reason why I consider them the most comfortable phones I've tried smile.gif the 7506s on the other hand..use cheapo synthetic leathers..rolleyes.gif (edit: sorry for the OT rant tongue.gif)

hm yeah the cd3000's leather is very comfortable. I haven't had the chance to try the AT-W2002's lamb skin though.. some say it's like sticking your ear to the sheep's ass blink.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif !!!

Pleather, must remember that I keep forgetting. Pleather, leather, leatherette, simulated... yucky.gif

What is the presentation like? Don't say 'veiled', say laid back. happy.gif