Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

Headphone Stands

Been looking around for these but cannot find any. Want to get these before I get some expensive headphones (ATH-A900 or SR-325i). Currently my SR-80 is lying flat on the table and it looks pityful, blush.gif

I can't really find a nice stand for my grados. The way the are like, it's better they be left on the floor. What I do is I get a nice cushioned square piece of mat to place them on. Tried hanging them before but they just left a strained on the leathered headband. As for your A900s, if you have an audio rack, perhaps you can try a hook attached on the underside of one of the racks. Then they can hang freely.

I think hanging lower end Grados is a bit risky. The cables leading into the drivers are secured by cable ties only. Accidently kick or step on the cables, it might rip out of its solder.

The cables leading into the drivers are secured by cable ties only.

Really ohmy.gif?! Any pictures on it?

I think hanging lower end Grados is a bit risky.

Is SR-325i considered lower end? (Higher end being the reference series?)

The cables leading into the drivers are secured by cable ties only.

Really ohmy.gif?! Any pictures on it?

I think hanging lower end Grados is a bit risky.

Is SR-325i considered lower end? (Higher end being the reference series?)

Take a torch and shine into it and you can see the driver and cable soldering. I dunno how the SR325i is constructed but i think, THINK only that it will be similar. If wanna hang, be careful, just keep those heavy cables out of the way. I rather place it on a table or drawer or keep in case.

My MS1's cable can move in and out freely. lol. One hard tug, the solder might give way. I have not figure out a way to open it up to secure it.

then will it be alright to hand the A900 freely like what idkfa said?

I guess his method is okay. Like this.

user posted image

Alternatively there's the glass head or the cheaper alternative banana stands. The thread is here (or in Loung Lizard) somwhere but I can find it off hand.

FWIW,I use a 3M Command Adhesive jumbo hook

user posted image

They aren't big enough for my grado headband to sit in comfortable but the grados are so light it works ok and I kept it when i changed tables.

There's so many holes in the frame my ikea jerker table,

user posted image

perhaps even just shoving a disposable chopstick in will work... yeah.gif

Hell, i can probably hang half a dozen headphones on one side. Luckily chopsticks are cheap smile.gif

FWIW,I use a 3M Command Adhesive jumbo hook

They aren't big enough for my grado headband to sit in comfortable but the grados are so light it works ok and I kept it when i changed tables.

I use it to hang my webbing back in camp. Lol...! laugh.gif

Maybe just DIY one since I'm clearing leave soon. tongue.gif

Where did you get one of those? I've been searching for eons for one.

I think the best headphone holder without straining the headbands are the Sennheiser ones that come with the HD485 and HD595. They have a padded and wider surface area to support the headband. It can be clamped to a horizontal plane like a table/shelf or a vertical plane like a pole or door.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I think Futura's stand will work well with this Senn clamp holder. There is a guy from headfi that makes those stands for the Senn holder but a bit ex.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....936#post1795936