Sign in to follow this  
heady

Cresyn earphones

Read about Cresyn noise-cancelling today in the Digital Life magazine in the Straits Times papers. Anyone know where can get Cresyn phones? Or any comments?

Thanks darknoob, good read. Didn't find this when I googled cresyn.

Ok, after all the reading, realised the so called "noise cancelling" refers to the isolation and not an active noise cancellation system. Back to the search for a small affordable noise cancelling phones for my travels. blink.gif

Can't be...... sounds more like AT OEM for them. I recall too many brands of earphone and headphones look like the ATs, like creative and B & O, now cresyn..... unless every company OEM a few for them. rolleyes.gif

Edited by [J]-ohn

Ok, after all the reading, realised the so called "noise cancelling" refers to the isolation and not an active noise cancellation system. Back to the search for a small affordable noise cancelling phones for my travels. blink.gif

The isolation on my ER-4's is sufficient for most circumstances. In fact, I can't hear a thing most of the time when the music is on, except some of the lowest frequency sounds (e.g. rumbling of the bus). I'm not sure if active noise cancellation will be that much better.

Thanks for comments. I already have and is using a PX200 which has some passive isolation. Heard pretty good things about active noise cancelling phones when used on planes. They eliminate the drone of the engines. So looking for a set to try.

Heard pretty good things about active noise cancelling phones

Me too but the idea of having batteries for the phones did turn me off. Imagine bringing your player, amp(maybe) and the active noice cancelling phones around. blink.gif

I was wondering if the active noice cancelling phones has a built amp? unsure.gif

The PXC-250 and PXC-300 from Sennheiser do have a built-in amp. IMO ANC phones are wonderful if you need to listen to music in public transport/plane (lots of low freq engine noise), and need to communicate with people. I've had experience bring e1c to school and pulling it out umpteen times when people talk to me eventually suffering from a sore ear canal. So the key here is if you need to communicate with people while having the earphones/headphones on. If not, go for IEMs.

Oh yes, Sennheiser PXC-250/300 batteries do last very long. (claims 80 hours with the PXC-300). I'm on my first run with PXC-250 about 8 hours and battery still going very strong. On thing I like about this, it's less picky about source/amping compared to many phones (minus IEMs) due to the built-in amplifcation circuit integrated into the ANC circuit.

Edited by lekguan

I did own a PXC 150 before . However, when you have the cancellation on, (you switch on the tube thing)it will give the headphones a very loud irritating buzzing sound when there are electronic interferences. I thought it is really terrible. And bulky too...

Ermm...the hd 280 pro senns did quite well for me when I was on a plan. It doesn't cut out the noise totally...but it's decent enough. Just that you have to equalise pressure in the ears more often (and people were wondering why I was 'yawning' so much...)

I use my PX200 on planes a lot. I can't hear the conversation in films in planes very well due to the lousy phones they give out and the drone of the engines. With the PX200 at least there is some isolation and better quality sound.

I am just being itchy looking for a smaller set of phones, like the Sony noise cancelling buds. The PX200 is getting to be a pain to carry on board, what with all the other items like mp3 player and the adaptor for phone socket etc. Recently took a Cathay Pacific flight and found their planes uses the larger phono socket and not the mini nor the usual 2 pin type. Another adaptor to carry.

Anyway, this is an interesting thread.

Edited by heady

I am just being itchy looking for a smaller set of phones, like the Sony noise cancelling buds.

Is it that good for it's pricetag? 200+ bucks if I remembered correctly. blink.gif