Sign in to follow this  
heady

Don't loose your hearing!

yea, some do really crank their earbuds that loud. I guess it's nothing new then. Loud = earpain = neighbours complain. biggrin.gif

Scary thing is, when I'm on the MRT, despite all the noise, I can sometimes hear exactly(lyrics and all) what people are listening to on their ipod earbuds. ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Scary thing is, when I'm on the MRT, despite all the noise, I can sometimes hear exactly(lyrics and all) what people are listening to on their ipod earbuds. ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

With our MRT so bloody noisy, it's hardly surprising that they blast their earbuds to drown that out. Of coz, in so doing, they eventually damage their hearing. In-ear earphones works much better, even the Sony EX71 which doesn't isolate that well tames the background noise enough not to require blasting smile.gif Think the better ones like the Shures/Etymotics will work much much better, allowing you to listen at a lower level.

Regards

CK

Etymotics are excellent for commuting.

So do Shure E5c which I preferred to Etys in MRT. tongue.gif

You can still hear the bass note but not the Etys, it seem like it had been cancel off by the rumble of the train moving.

The e5c is wonderful. Most natural sounding earphone ever!

There are still the Sensas and UE-10?

Anw I must agree that the etys are godsend for commuting. Now I can't live without the isolation.

And shouldn't it be "lose" your hearing, instead of "loose"? tongue.gif

Edited by Absolute0

Oops, I should have said, the most natural sounding earphone with option of non-customzied sleeving ever. Will that save me??? lol.giflol.gif

The e5c is wonderful. Most natural sounding earphone ever!

PXC-250 also good for commuting! laugh.gif

i have a poor tolerance for highs.. so the e5 suits me well..

doenst match the clarity of etys though...

Etymotics are excellent for commuting.

So do Shure E5c which I preferred to Etys in MRT. tongue.gif

You can still hear the bass note but not the Etys, it seem like it had been cancel off by the rumble of the train moving.

Jeff! Just noticed your new avatar. Is that the new PS Audio headphone amp? ohmy.gif