Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

Now it seem like the interference is on a interval... 15 sec later it on 15 sec its off.... I go check it is my router or not

*-.- not my router....

siriuz can make 1 pcb for me also ~~ can pay for it

Edited by Kippei

haha i'm still working on it, i think kube's working on his own version too?

when i'm done i'll let you see it then you let me know if you want me to make one for you

I think i try using canare mic cable for the input wires....

*Although it clamp down hum by a lot. The faint hum is still there

Like Blooze in headwize is having

Ok, after trying to track down this hum (it's a low hum like when you move the input jack ground right over the trafo)I decided to move the 4 100uF caps and rectifier to the position shown in the layout diagram, thinking maybe I was picking up extra noise from the primary side with my layout. Well, this did reduce the hum, but it's still there. I had to run a jumper from the pot body to ground to keep that familiar pop, increased noise thing from driving me crazy. Well, this eliminated most of the noise, but now I get scratching noises that gradually get louder as the volume is increased till almost full volume where it disappears. Weird thing is, if I hold the output jack touching the metal while turning the pot the scratching disappears and everything sounds great!

Any suggestions, it's driving me crazy!

I don't have shielded cable on the inputs or outputs yet, but did wrap them with another line grounding those lines at the jack ends and the ones coming fom the grid at the pot end. That helped quite a bit with the high pitched "sizzle and hum".

Edited by Kippei

have u tied the output jack's ground to earth?

mine had similar problem, too. it disappeared when I touched the output jack's ground. hence, I tied the output jack's body to the earth. it doesnt matter how long wire it takes to do that. just tie properly

should solve ur problem

this problem is not due to the amp. more likely due to ur source

Ehh...I AM working on my own version...but if you don't mind siriuz...I'll prob have to you use yours. My EOY exams are next months so I don't think I can spend much time on this project.

have u tied the output jack's ground to earth?

mine had similar problem, too. it disappeared when I touched the output jack's ground. hence, I tied the output jack's body to the earth. it doesnt matter how long wire it takes to do that. just tie properly

should solve ur problem

this problem is not due to the amp. more likely due to ur source

yep i used a croc clip. Maybe must soldeR?

nope

I used the screw that's supposed to tighten the jack socket to the case

then the other end being soldered

by the way: RCA 5963 (5 pieces) ARRIVED TODAY!

please contact me again, those who wants to arrange

I'd like to pass to you all by this weekend smile.gif

nope

I used the screw that's supposed to tighten the jack socket to the case

then the other end being soldered

hmmm i just clip them on the ground connection.... so must ground both socket?

yep......... 3 inch away... the constant wheee is gone. But this funny faint wheee turn on and off. It seem like some pulsing signal....

My pot shall the same wire ground, so does the pot body ground. Does that cause a loop

Edited by Kippei