Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

AKG 601 and 701 shipment

Finally I have receive confirmation that AKG shipment is on the way, expected to arrive after chinese new year.

Price for the K601 should be around $379 plus minus a bit.

Price for the K701 should be around $679 plus minus a bit.

Due to the limited stocks coming in most customers might have to wait for the next shipment.

So much for now, will keep you guys inform once the toys are in. cool.gif

The price of the K601 is alright but why is the k701 price so high compared to the US?

Maybe its like Shures in Singapore...The prices imo are exorbitantly high (at least imo they are...). But nevertheless, its good to hear that the K701's are finally reaching our shores. Seems like I was the first in Sg to get them tongue.gif .

The price of the K601 is alright but why is the k701 price so high compared to the US?

Average US price is $399 which is quite ok..... anyway, most profit must have went to the distributor. hammer.gif

Average US price is $399 which is quite ok..... anyway, most profit must have went to the distributor. hammer.gif

Ya i know the price is mostly set by the distributor.

But what i mean is how come the k601 is so cheap then the k701 is so expensive.

k601 US$299 x1.65=~SG500

k701 US$399 x1.65=~SG660

From my deduction, it seems the local distributor plans to earn lower profit margins from K601 in order to increase mass appeal. K701 being a high end model will retain its higher price tag for the same underlying reason?

Anyone try to contact Albert of AA for K701?

The last time I was told that he managed to obtain 2 units from HK. This is almost a month ago at least.

Regards

I've also asked him about it. Shipment is also delayed. Looks like it's gonna be post CNY before we get a glimpse of it.

Just came back from Stereo after travelling across half of Singapore and back to pick up something there... wub.gif

Aron was kind enough to offer me the chance to audit the newly arrived K601. Sounding wise is very promising, though it sounded a bit harsh and lacking in bass straight out of the box. But this can be fixed with a bit of burning in. tongue.gif

really? k601 lacks of bass? mm read from some forum that this product lines (along with k701) is supposed to be akg's answer to the lack of bass in k501

mm kinda disappointed hearing it is also lacking in bass