Sign in to follow this  
fishball79

Mystery Cable #01

matbon0013,

Oh yes please! Do post your findings either here or pm to me! i want to know what you think!

Jarthel,

Is that a hint on the kind of pricing you like? Heheh

Ablaze,

Not the cheapest source there is. Try www.hoemgrownaudio.com or www.puresilversound.com

Edited by fishball79

Well I like cheap and quality parts of course but I also meant I can afford $70 if I need to get quality parts. smile.gif

FYI,

Running test, on-going as of now!

All cables (mini-mini) burnt in, ready to go.

Mystery Cable #01-Canare/switchcraft 90ºGold(Tangent)-Silverbraid/switchcraft90º(JMT)-Headroom Plastic One.

As of now cost wise are more or less similar (+/-US$2-3)

This might take awhile guys. So bear with me!

Pics will follow suite!

jump.gif

Edited by matbon0013

matbon013,

Mystery Cable #01 uses cheapo plastic connectors, not canare laugh.gif Newer versions will use metal jacket ones but at additional costs. dry.gif

Edited by fishball79

Hi Fishball,

Thanks for the preview. Can't wait.

Pardon my newbie ignorance. Some non-techie thoughts:

- Most of the cheapo interconnect cables in Sim Lim Square have Oxygen Free Cable (OFC) stamped on their packaging. Does your cable have the same or better capabilities than OFC?

- Ditto with regards to 24 K connectors for corrosion free functions. Is that good to have compared to those you intend to use?

- Will you have options for L-shaped connectors? I plan to use the wire with Ipod and Supermini, and prolonged use of straight connector pressing downwards may damage the cable. Also, a short cable, say around 10 inches would be sufficient for me. For your production run, perhaps two options, a short (limited edition white! yeah.gif ) cable with L-shaped connectors, and perhaps a longer cable for those using with less portable set-ups?

- In terms of asthetics for the cable protectors (outer skin), I like the look and feel of those transparent blue cables I see commonly used for firewire or USB cables, etc, or solid white ipod-like rubber tubing. But I also found some technical sales pitch about the merits of braided polyester cable sleeve (see http://cableorganizer.com/expandable-sleeving/), so maybe your option is better. blink.gif

Will arrange to meet Mackie next week, after I pick up my Shures E2, to try out your prototype, in comparison with the Sim Lim Square cheapo versions. ; - )

Cheers!

Scriberex

Edited by Scriberex

Scriberex,

Will talk more when i get back in mid nov. Cable was meant to be as cheap since most sgheadhone goers are students.

The cable will be

• available in any lengths
  • only in black polyester sleeving ( I manage to grab 50metres of this for a song)
  • using straight mini plugs, L shaped ones if i can find good ones

Any deviation from this will unfortunately cost more.

woweee! w00t.gif

Our very own cable! party.gif

Will be getting one of these for sure! Hope to hear the reviews by 'the usual suspects' soon!

Hey... that's a good suggestion, how about dubbing it as the SGH-fishball79 cable?