Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

Gilmore V2SE

jason, i think u can build 1 and compare it against evil's gilmore at the next meet.

cool.gif

gilmore looks so tempting!!

I like the solid and clean look!!

too bad didn't try them

evil: maybe can arrange 1 day come down ur house to play laugh.gif

jason: me don't dare to open zen's gilmore lah..

later he.. hammer.gifhammer.gif me biggrin.gif

heheh but maybe just take the external pics.. not bad though . I am building my headphone/amp/source picture gallery . the first stepping stone is the meet, taken quite a no. laugh.gif

ppth.gif

I know... Ah well the schemactic is really very easy to design and thus making the PCB is also very easy. Can be done with those proto board bought from SLT too.

today went to evil's house (full of evil blink.gif )

jk of course lol.giflol.gif

lol my impression is that the gilmore is very powerful SS amp and it's very smooth as well. Has 'legato' (courtersy of rameish laugh.gif ) , compared to the ha-1.

The bass also goes deeper and the soundstage is wider and more enveloping/captures more ambience.

Very nice amp. But I don't see myself upgrading to it soon, unfortunately. Upz to you folks out there who are considering the gilmore cool.gif

Hmm,

I 'm curious Guy,

Evil just sent me a PM saying that "Just now guyferd was here to test out his HA1 and both of us agreed that gilmore is better being more dynamic, controlled bass and soundstage. but only slightly. I also tested his beyer 880 with my setup and I found that it fits pretty well. doesn't have the sibilance it has with Mackie's MF cdp and X cans. on overall it has what i've been looking for so far with cans."

However your impression seems to be more than slightly better - care to elaborate.

Anyways, I'll be hearing it for myself this Saturday - with the Zotl.

Amp shootout this Saturday - Corda HA-2 vs Gilmore V2 vs Zotl - I would like to invite Mackie, Oak and Tee as well but my place to too small - maybe just 2 more guys. Ablaze you're as always welcome.

Edited by Rameish