Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

Gilmore V2SE

sure rameish, thanks for the offer yes.gif .

When I am free I will arrange to come down to your place .

Oh btw, any write up on how ha-2 fares with the gilmore and zotl. i remembered you listened to them all quite sometime ago... might be a useful addition to the forum's review happy.gif

The Gilmore is a good amp but it's way too bright - even for my tastes. We had to resort to using cheaper copper cables to resolve the brightness (which also meant loss of rez/detail). Even the all-copper PBJ was too bright - only the Grado Signature interconnects seemed suited. I suspect it would mate well with the HP-1 but rawhit sold his gilmore before he listened to the combo.

The Zotl is another story but would require additional crossfeed - unfortunately the X-feed wasn't subtle enough and there was a huge attenuation as well as loss in resolution n brightness (I guess it was made for the x-cans so the attenuation would have allowed the volume pot to be turned up to correct the imbalanced nature of the pot and the roll off would have cured some of the x-cans brightness. So it looks like a Corda Cross with Zotl - but at that combo price it's goona be a bit of an over kill for the current set of headphones like the Beyer DT-880 and HD-600. So I'm awaiting Tee's R-10s. If that's really all that good then that's the way I would go with a source upgrade (turntable not CDP for me).

The plot thickens.

now have to include ppa already!

I will give them a listen sometime soon if it's still available .. heehee.. biggrin.gif

it sure thickens unsure.gifunsure.gif