Sign in to follow this  
heady

Building the PINT

sure heady

just send it over then

well, you can do that via snail mail or meet me up. up to your convenience of course

kross: you should thank heady too

without his 2 pairs of resistors ur PINT would have lotsa snakes inside, hissss.... hahaha

haha...ya..i hate snakes...so thanks to you too heady ya. i'll take some pics and post them tonight. i'm using 9v batt btw. and my bro told me that the board has been discontinued from tangent due to difficulties in building the amp from others' feedbacks. (he is coming up with another design i think) looks like we are some of the last batches of this PINT amp. laugh.gif

kross - my pleasure, when order resistors must buy 50 pieces at a time, so what can I do with the rest of them? I am trying to break in my PINT, sounds a little too bright at the moment. But sounds good. Hoping to case it soon.

squalle - my apologies. I decided to give away the broken PINT to a headfi member who wrote me to buy it. I will just give it to him so he can have fun with it.

I think I got the last two PINT board from tangent. I am hoping to built one more using an alternative opamp to see what diference in sound quality it makes. The other board.... I don't know. Sell in eBay? biggrin.gif

there might be another sgh member who wants LOL

I'll ask him

but hahahaha he just loves my PINT the moment he tried it

hahahahaha

Heady ... you got Spare PINT boards left ?

I have two un-used boards at the moment. Hmmm, they are now "hot" stuff... biggrin.gif I can spare one board for the right amount of encouragement! lol.giflol.gif But seriously, tangent did mention the possibility of one more run of boards, so it isn't so bad.

BTW - I agree with Zep about the PINT with CK-7, good combo. Haven't A-B it with my Pimeta yet.

Heady ... you got Spare PINT boards left ?

I have two un-used boards at the moment. Hmmm, they are now "hot" stuff... biggrin.gif I can spare one board for the right amount of encouragement! lol.giflol.gif But seriously, tangent did mention the possibility of one more run of boards, so it isn't so bad.

BTW - I agree with Zep about the PINT with CK-7, good combo. Haven't A-B it with my Pimeta yet.

Thanks ... waiting for the chips to come ... how to get or buy from you ?

Edited by evian_vortex

Thanks ... waiting for the chips to come ... how to get or buy from you ?

Sorry, evian_vortex, the thing cost me US$5 and then add shipping, cannot just give it to you. Have to charge you. If I sell it to USA headfi members, I am sure can make profit also. But this is not my intention, I just want to cover cost. Fair?

BTW - you ordered opamps without getting a board? Wah, brave ah.

Edited by heady

Sharing some experience. I am running the PINT on a 9V alkaline. It was usable until it went below 6V which should still be ok for the AD opamp but the opamps was beginning to oscillate, I could hear whistling and chirps. So that was the reason for my earlier inability to use it, I was running it on 6V.

Hmm, I wonder what Squalle did to make his work with 4.5V. Jealous.... biggrin.gif

Hi, I feel that the PA2V2 does not really give much improvement to my music.. was wondering if the PINT would be better?

btw, how much would the PINT cost??