Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

I'm not proud to be Singaporean

its ugly man. I've felt this way for a long time. I think especially since I started trading on head-fi.

was at the vet today. we reached at 1pm, but the clinic was closed. so I kinda bummed around till about 1:40pm, and started waiting outside the clinic. by then, there was a malay couple ahead of me already. well, people started streaming in much later, nearer to the 2pm opening time. at 2pm when the doors to the clinic were finally open, I was hoping that people would be civilised. Everybody knows who came first ie. the malay couple, then me, then the next couple etc etc. BUT NO..once the doors were opened, everybody just dashed in and jostled for the queue ticket machine, trying to get their filthy paws on the "queue number" button to get a queue ticket. there was utter disregard for who came first, and who should rightfully go first. in fact I heard this Chinese guy saying something like "don't care lah. heck them" in reply to his girlfriend or sis or something. (in Chinese/hokkien of course)

look at the scene at one of our most popular buy/sell forums in Singapore @hardwarezone. http://forums.hardwarezone.com/forumdispla...p?s=&forumid=18 Everybody's thread crapping everywhere. somebody's selling some oakleys for eg., somebody else will come in and say "oh, I think your price is too high. (and this is for a $269 frame, asking price was barely HALF of that ie. $150) cos you can get a new blah blah (different model. whats the relevance?) at so and so price. so thats why I think..blah blah" Would the seller really care for his post in his thread? Would any buyers actually appreciate the smartass comments? I think they can decide for themselves. Whats with thread-crapping? You see something for sale for a certain price, you like it, you think its fair, you buy it. you don't? just STFU. what business is it of yours really, if the seller wishes to sell for that price? there're many self-appointed know-it-alls who think they know whats the right 'market price' and whats not. thats why I prefer to sell all my stuff on head-fi. its a much more civilised culture there in general. less wise-asses. and everybody just seems more..'cultured' overseas.

not proud of the ugly singaporean man. UGLY. real ugly. maybe I'm a potential candidate for emigrating..

alright blaze,

come to indonesia please lol.giflol.giflol.gif !!

well, hwz forums is the origin for thread-crapping. i hardly ever go there unless neccessary. The thread crapping carries over to the FS forum as well.

Most of the time, the KS people you described are of the older generation. But hard to blame them as the environment they grew up in is different from ours.

true, its usually the older Chinese generation. ugliest of the ugly dry.gif

another good point might be simply that just the existence of enough of these people, will send the rest of the people into similiar behavioural patterns, if not 'how to survive'.. dry.gif I mean..face it right. sure 'lose out' to these people. Look at me today, I got to the clinic probably before everyone else at 1pm, that d*ckhead got his turn probably by 2+, I was there till like 4pm, even though I probably reached a full hour before him. dry.gif

eh evil, u also in HWZ ah? what nick ah? me zerodivine. Chionging now.

Heh contrary to what you people feel, I find that HWZ gear sale is alright. In fact I managed to sell 2-3 gears at reasonable price. Managed to trade t68i and got in touch with the seller up to today. Then the one I sold my klipsch too.. is a very nice guy. Kept his contact in icq but seldom on liao..

then also I managed to buy/sell some games. To me it's alright leh.. never seem to experience any thread crapping there. Some bro are quite helpful and help me upz the thread.

ablaze, after searching your posts, it seems that only <5 percent of the people are threadcrappers lah..

most of them are quite alright one. I think only some la.. don't take it too hard. In fact I like hardwarezone better than any forum. There are more sporeans.. easier to grab/sell things. Also response much more.

Eh and yeah.. you never go to EDMW ah? hehehe... very fun leh. Yesterday me and erudeity chionged the post and turned the serious discussion into padaeophile thread lol.giflol.giflol.gif !!

I've been around HWZ much longer than you. I think I know what I'm talking about.

anyway, the thread's about my gripes with Singaporean society..not just buying/selling at HWZ.

Ablaze,

Now i understand why you there are 'tougher' policies in this forum.

To quote Shorinji Kempo's Philosophy,

"Purity must come from within

for others cannot purify my heart"

No matter how many rules there are if we all are ugly singaporeans there's no stopping us from turning this place into hwz... In fact, the other hifi forums already have such elements.

I believe its due to the relatively young age of the population in here and *cross fingers* the fact that all of us are humble, patient, polite and generally wants everyone else to benefit in this hobby we chose...

Evil-zen,

I have met many a young asshole too yeah.gif

No denying that there are less-than-positive elements of our society.

But take heart in that there is that (sizeable) portion of sensible, rational, kind and sensitive Singaporeans out there.

You're really nice, for one. party.gif

Hmm.. being a non S'porean it's very dificult to comment on this! rolleyes.gif

But in every society there are the good, the bad and the obnoxious. That's what flavour is all about!

Varian, word dude! smoke.gif

eh evil, u also in HWZ ah? what nick ah? me zerodivine. Chionging now.

I have a grand total of 1 post in hwz and its about audio stuff. registered since jun 2000.

I find that hwz people have too much things to say. One of my pet peeve is people talking when they donno anything. Thus resulting in too much confusing information and none too useful. Headwize of earlier days and headfi to a lesser extent are very good in the sense that most posts are pretty useful.

Anyway, wonder why people must be so KS? When people giving out freebies or cheap stuff, i usually don't bother them unless I wanted it. As the chinese says, 'Bu Na Bai Bu Na'. Might as well take when it is free. But hope the bad side of Singaporeans will go away when majority of people become more educated.

Sometimes you have to think on their side too. Some people might have very urgent things to do. Of course, in every society, there will always be the bad apple.

Sounds familiar here as well. Especially when people think they don't know each other. Time is money for some people.

yeah, kinda glad the people here're different.

true I think hwz's filled with too many kiddies or something. I donno..

anyway, lets keep this place the way it is. cheers to all beer.gif