Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

Creative vs Apple

if i had any creative shares, i'd sell...

Apple is suing back Creative for 4 patent infringements now...

If i am him i would target his mp3 player to audiophiles... By using good audio grades parts like audio grade DAC.... Set his mp3 players above those normal level player.. Too bad..

Edited by nakedtoes

If i am him i would target his mp3 player to audiophiles... By using good audio grades parts like audio grade DAC.... Set his mp3 players above those normal level player.. Too bad..

Then there might be a smaller market. If Creative doesn't have agood brand name in the area, they still go bust. sigh

Then there might be a smaller market. If Creative doesn't have agood brand name in the area, they still go bust. sigh

I dun think so... did you see the trench.. After the mp3 craze.. ppl started to looks for better Cans and earbud.. that they source and look at all kinds of IEMS... I believe the IEMS sales this years has increase alot. MP3 player users started to look for better sound quality... They encorded their mp3 higher bitrate. thats why the high cap of mp3 player coming out. OF cos hey should not produce all the mp3 player as audiophile grade.. maybe 20% and slowly increase.. And have a better design also biggrin.gif

Problem is, many who want a decent portable rig go for an iPod, and then mod it into an iMod.

iMod

Next generation players promise X-Fi technology, but it remains to be seen whether it is too late to pull back market share.

Quality is really important, but components are expensive. With a higher-capital, Creative might very well lose more if consumers do not trust the brand name.

well, i think design really woos customers over and i think creative realises that too late. and they should make their products more durable to build up their brand name slowly instead of hitting head-on with their competitors. this gives an image of "trying too hard".

and i do think that creating a audiophile player to cater to the niche market of audiophiles is not a bad idea but to them it may not be worth it: got to have separate designs, production lines, etc etc for a small market...

Interesting subject!

Maybe it should be constructed as how can CREATIVE win the MP3 war?

So far, CREATIVE is still adopting the old 'branding' formula in their latest ad blitz. The MP3 listening Panda .... in their latest ad, cute but pale when compared to the great U2 and shadow ad of the IPOD.

That Panda doesn't make me wanna change my IPOD for the ZEN .... I would only if there is an irresistable incremental benefit, like how we keep buying that next headphones smile.gif

I believe they should take a different direction. Go the direction of the Audiophile, ie. "Perfection Chasing"

Example

======

1. Create a top of line audiophile MP3 player with "to die for design" by top well known designer and give it a better "catch phrase" name. Price should be "out-of-reach" and only for the well-heeled. And exclusively designed as a high end source for audophile systems (exclusive lineout). And of course it has to be mobile, pair it with top end headphones from well known makers.

2. Market it as a top notch audiophile device. Such as direct messaging ads where a bunch of audiophiles getting 'high' on a "top end system" with everything masked but the top end speakers. Then finally review that the player is the CREATIVE MP3; and with jaw dropping effects

3. Do the road show at AV shows, with a special listening room. Use top end well known component stuffs to pair with the MP3, not the usual creative products. As well as listening posts connected to top end headphones.

4. Get support from the Hi-fi magazines and accessories manufacturer.

5. Once the attention is there then come out with the "reachable" series for the mass market.

Just my take.

whistling.gif

apple gets U2 to sign their ipods, Creative has Sim Wong Hoo signing their players.

Which 'limited' edition would you rather get?

Guest joi-ful

Well, not too long ago, Creative had Paris Hilton to promote its Zen Micro yea?

I got my Zen Micro last year mainly cos of the relatively cheaper price. Sound quality on par with iPod i believe....