Sign in to follow this  
themanster

Banana Stands, Heads Up!

Hey guys, have been lurking around here for quite some time. Today I was at robinsons and I saw wooden banana stands. Each stand is marked at $7, but due to GSS I got mine for about $5. So if you have been hunting for a headphone stand, I think its a rather good deal.

Make sure to check for defects though, there are some that have nicks and dents. I saw at LEAST 20 of them in the household section (level 4), so no rush to buy. biggrin.gif

What a coincidence, was at Robinsons yesterday and noticed them too. Robinsons's also sells the BUILT range of neoprene bags which can be used as carry cases for larger headphones.

Do you have a picture of it? I want one! I hope to use my Senn clamp on it.

To attach a picture, click the "ADD REPLY" icon at the bottom of this page and you can see an attachment option in the reply form. Alternatively, upload it to another site and link it over here using the IMG tag.

Check out this thread by Naz for a more detailed explanation.

Edited by Absolute0

personally i wldn't choose this stand as I feel the "hook" portion is too small and the head band of most home cans will not sit well on it.

OK, so I took some pics.

I did not actually use the hook. I unscrewed it, and put my headphones directly on the wooden part.

Front View

user posted image

Side View

user posted image

I also tried attaching the senn clamp, but it looks really goofy

user posted image

Sorry for the n00b quality photos and messy workplace... biggrin.gif

Edited by themanster

Not necessarily better but if you can find it...

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...hl=banana+stand

Banana stands can usually be found at the kitchenware section in supermarkets. Try ikea as well. If you don't need a stand you can also try large hooks (coat hangers etc from hardware stores) which you can stick on to the wall or any rigid vertical surface. Useful when you have lots of headphones to organise.

Hey themanster, can it be used with the Senn clamp nicely? I see it in pic 3. Can mount them the other way? I've the same headphones as you! headphone.gif

I'm looking for something like this. It seems like the wood is little too thin for the Senn clamp in pic 1.

Meier-Audio 5th anniversary, CORDA ARIA

the price is nice since produced in China.