fallraen

National Service, any other brothers suffering?

Wow recover from fever so fast... Today is my second day of AttC, tomorrow night must go back. My fever today increased! 39.4. Nearing brain cell lysis liao. Think after this my IQ will drop by 50+ :/

Went to see GP just now, gave me antibiotics and said if tomorrow still unwell go back and he will give me more MC. If I do get the MC what do I do? Have to inform PC right?

Zep - so what you do in reservist? Kinda of different experiences all around. I had only two vocation in army and spent > 13 years in my last vocation.

I not sure, should be RP again bah.

I have yet to recieve any kind of reservist letter for the past 1 year. I think studying in Poly right now has something to do with it. MOE acting as shield? *lol*

Wow recover from fever so fast... Today is my second day of AttC, tomorrow night must go back. My fever today increased! 39.4. Nearing brain cell lysis liao. Think after this my IQ will drop by 50+ :/

Went to see GP just now, gave me antibiotics and said if tomorrow still unwell go back and he will give me more MC. If I do get the MC what do I do? Have to inform PC right?

Will first have to inform your spec. on duty (Dusty Sergeant) who should in turn inform your PC regarding your situation. Don't forget to SMS your buddy as well, and inform PC/PS regarding your situaiton to double make sure.

Edited by Zephyron

Call your PC before visiting the GP. In the old days, you still have to return to camp to endorse your MC from the GP. Otherwise, it's a chargeable offence - AWOL.

Be careful about the numerous Att Cs. Your PC/OC can put u out of course and later be subjected to a recourse if they don't like you. :P:blink:

Edited by Mackie

^

Nowadays, if what I remember is right, its an immediate recourse after you OOT (new term for OOC).

Zep, what is your offical vocation? If RP, good luck man cos reservist got no RP as far as I know. RPs will be posted to Infantry, likely to be rifleman. My BMT buddy was a RP at SAFTI, now rifleman at some reservist infantry unit. He is cursin and swearin. lol.

I'm not too sure what my reservist vocation is. No mail or anything came in o.O

I was RP and at the same time Sergeant. If become Sect.Leader then troublesome... I don't enjoy having to handle peeps (but reservist not so bad right?).

As of now, just continue to study and worry about that later :D

I remember when I was NSF, the reservists coming to draw ammo were all dressed in green jeans and had long hair. When I ROD, we had only 6 years of reservist to do.

When I was finally called for reservist, it became 12 years reservist but only 6 in-camps. When I did my 5th in-camp, it became 13 year cycle. I finally did about 11 or 12 in-camps. Dunno why I so "sway".

Reservist infantry nowadays also very siong. Once during my reservist field camp, I saw a section doing movement by fire and they looked real slick. So I asked their OC if they were guards. I was told they were PDF. Wah, in my NSF days, PDF were like Dad's Army where all they seemed to sit around and do nothing but did trenches. The army changed so much during my 13 years doing reservist.

Last time I worse, see reservist do defence exercise, that fella just lay the bloody white tape on the ground and just squat inside... :lol:

He think the arty round that's coming is imaginary round ah???

Wait a minute.. it is imaginary, maybe thats why his trench also imaginary :lol:

Edited by Tetsusaiga

hahaha yea we still use universal rounds! bang bang bang. some guy will make the tiu tiu tiu "laser" sound and the sergeants will say "eh @#%#@%@ you think star wars ah?" hahaaha.

i was a spec while NSF, but now currently am studying. when i get back they $&W^# want to promote me to officer - that'll extend my commitment further. ugh. :(

anyway, the NSF days were some really fun ones. I was a pes B (wore spectacles), and while fully combat fit was posted to a damned shiok vocation. basically for 2 years i was a spec's mess regular. :dance:

then there was this time we had this 100m range, and i got lane 3. each time i raised my rifle to fire, *bang!* and my target would fall before i pulled the trigger. turns out the next THREE lanes next to me were all bobo-shooters who were shooting MY target.

i got an almost-perfect score (28/30) and returned 17 unfired rounds to the armourer. you all should have seen my OC's face.

then there was this chao keng king in my camp who reported sick every other week, and always somehow got att C. BMO (brigade MO) got on his case and barred him from leaving camp and kept him in observation, so what did the cockster do? call his parents and say he was depressed and was thinking of suicide. even scratched his wrists to prove he was serious. :rolleyes:

of course each time he was out of camp, during spot checks we would find that he was at orchard. but each times he got his parents to step in, write to mp, claim mistreatment, etc. i daresay in his 2 years he spent maybe only a quarter of that in camp.

Edited by adhoc

Im on mc now.

ankle ligament reconstruction.

Injury sustained during one SOC test.

currently pes C9L2.

ord 02 june 07.

army life has been a bore.

best time was BMT sch 1 Gryphon company.

serious no sh*t.

after BMT, steadily go down hill.

Im a admin support assistant now handling regimental and discipline.

DB is my 2nd camp.

for people in tekong, enjoy your time.

Even for siong times like field camp, there will be enjoyable times like sleeping under tekong stars.

I actually enjoyed my bmt. I originally OOC and then got downgraded to C1L2, still got to do IPPT but no big deal. Best part i got excuse-stay-in. So whole unit life stay out, BMT also stay out...wahahahaha... Then my camp like 10 mins from home.