Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

Over kill?

I wouldn't call it soft volume, its just weak dynamics in general irregardless of volume. Improves considerably when amped.

In short, the PSP has a horribly weak heaphone out capacitor.

Evian can be my witness.

With regard to the MuVo (and the Zen Nano Plus) series, they aren't exactly all that well engineered. With low impedance high sensitivity earphones (IEMs in general, and some of the more sensitive semi-canals like CK7), you can hear a high pitch screech whenever the backlight is on (only when the backlight is on) and sometimes a 'pop' sound can be heard (Over accumulation of current that leads to outburst (hardware instability) at the capacitor? I should be wrong though). A high impedance cable can be used to fix this, but it will alter the player output dynamics. For better or for worse, I don't know.

I'm not too certain about phones, but that one, must also pass to me so I can check the quality of the HPout during load and unload (low impedance material).

High SNRs are good, but point is, is anyone going to listen to the acclaimed SNR of the players? If so, you're nuts. SNRs are in general the volume level (player hardware + firmware based, I'm not sure if the tested SNRs include earbud/headphone sensitivity) that can be attained before the player freaks out (as in buzz, snap, crackle pop). In general, anything 90dB and above is enough.

With regard to handphone designs, lets not get into that. Like sound, different people have different preferences to different handphone types (flip, candy bar etc) and their related layout (rounded, fancy, blocky/squared), so arguing about that with one another is a moot point.

Edited by Zephyron

If you are looking for a DAP with zero hiss, I would recommend the PSP. I know it isn't a DAP that most audiophiles would consider, but even at max volume there is zero hissing. My friend's Muvo2 has a damn horrible and obvious hiss everytime, when scrolling through songs, playing songs, when songs are stopped etc.

Well if Motorola phones are supposed to be good mp3 players, maybe I should go fix my E398. I bricked it when trying to flash it to a ROKR E1 :P

But yeah, it sucks if Walkman phones perform like that. Like that guy said, it's called a Walkman phone for a reason, people expect it to live up to the once-legendary Walkman name.

huh.. E1 gt a extra itune button den E398 leh... cannot lyk tt flash one... btw, i'm nt saying walkman fone is nt gd... it relatively gd for casual listener. lyk my sis. juz tt all hp still lag of somethings tt an mp3 player haf... but cant really pin point the thing tt is lag... :blush:

I wouldn't call it soft volume, its just weak dynamics in general irregardless of volume. Improves considerably when amped.

In short, the PSP has a horribly weak heaphone out capacitor.

Evian can be my witness.

With regard to the MuVo (and the Zen Nano Plus) series, they aren't exactly all that well engineered. With low impedance high sensitivity earphones (IEMs in general, and some of the more sensitive semi-canals like CK7), you can hear a high pitch screech whenever the backlight is on (only when the backlight is on) and sometimes a 'pop' sound can be heard (Over accumulation of current that leads to outburst (hardware instability) at the capacitor? I should be wrong though). A high impedance cable can be used to fix this, but it will alter the player output dynamics. For better or for worse, I don't know.

I'm not too certain about phones, but that one, must also pass to me so I can check the quality of the HPout during load and unload (low impedance material).

High SNRs are good, but point is, is anyone going to listen to the acclaimed SNR of the players? If so, you're nuts. SNRs are in general the volume level (player hardware + firmware based, I'm not sure if the tested SNRs include earbud/headphone sensitivity) that can be attained before the player freaks out (as in buzz, snap, crackle pop). In general, anything 90dB and above is enough.

With regard to handphone designs, lets not get into that. Like sound, different people have different preferences to different handphone types (flip, candy bar etc) and their related layout (rounded, fancy, blocky/squared), so arguing about that with one another is a moot point.

Dude , you made my PSP sound like a humiliation to the audiophile world ... :lol:

^

*lol* At least this one was just 1 amp.

You should have seen what they did over at head-fi quite a while ago :D

^

*lol* At least this one was just 1 amp.

You should have seen what they did over at head-fi quite a while ago :D

got pple use 2 amp over at head-fi last time....

LOL , 1 amp is like on the crazy side liao ... but having 2 amps is like taking it to the extreme ~ :lol:

Oh , by the way , are those 2 amps exactly the same ? those that were used on that PSP

maaaan...

double amp-ing your psp, take it out in public---> O.O

LOL ... THAT IS SO COOL ~ :DD

if i see someone with a double-amped psp in public, then i know who the owner is riao...

but i need 2 amps leh ... currently ... i have none ~

same here, if in the future u see someone with a double-amped w800i and UM1, then chiu know who he ish riao~~~

SIAO, chiu think i beri lich ar?