Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

Over kill?

is it an overkill to use the UM1 with w800 walkman phone, currently using the default earphone but kong liao, if it is an overkill which IEM is reccomended?

hmm... the w800 got normal headphone jack ah? i wonder if the SQ of the sony ericsson walkman phones is any good...

i was considering getting a MP3 phone, but after a while, i decided that i'd rather get a cheapo phone instead of an expensive walkman phone... and use the 'saved' money to buy a shuffle smile.gif

got normal jack, ya lo, that is why asking bros here for comments lo, i not very good with sound, used to own a pair of sharp something 33, liked it, now trying out zen aurvana (borrowed from friend), i liked the highs alot but bass...anyway not an expert, but heard lots of pple say um1 good, anyone knows how it stand against the aurvana?

actually, walkman fone sound better den let say creative imo.... um1 wif it should b ok if u find the hmp70 is out nuff... personally, i found it to b too soft for me to enjoy the music on a walkman fone even wif it vol max out...

hmm... i wonder if all the walkman models have headphone jack... might reconsider...

it depend on wherther you encode the mp3 in what resolution.. if it is 192 and above i dun think overkill...

I encoded all my Mp3 in 320kb/s... using Shure E5C with it

i using my shure's with my sharp 903sh as well. All encoded in AAC320.

U using the phone's remote?? how you tie the e5c cable nicely??

erm, guys, i'm using a w800i with my new um1 and .......

there's a very loud noticeable hiss even the um1 is just plugged in, sigh, i think i bought an overly sensitive iem

can anyone suggest a suitable DAP for the UM1 (no hiss at all, none, zilch) and i want something quiet... (i usually listen to music at the lowest levels)

iaudio U3? Sony E507? Sony HD-5? Samsung YP-Z5F?

Edited by PurpleLightning

I am a Creative supporter, and so, I'll suggest the Zen Micro.

Listen at the minimum volume too, without any audible hiss. (unless my ears can't hear them, which is highly unlikely.)