ablaze

this is new to me

Looks like something to electrocute yourself with! laugh.gif

there was some limited pieces produced apparently. and its not a fake. search head-fi smile.gif

apparently didn't sound very great though rolleyes.gif

Ablaze:

How did you attach the photo directly on to the thread? I know you click on the 'image' button 1st then after that which URL from YahooBriefcase do you use? I'm having trouble getting my photos to load directly.

the metal... the spring thingy... panic.gif

like those 60s frankenstein show.. where they would go and fry the brain with it panic.gif

now it's even more scary looking than tube to me! panic.gif !

I thin kthey look kinda home made due to the belt like head strap! How much are they worth?

N@Z, to add an image directly click 'add reply' locatd at the bottom of the page (instead of useing the 'quick reply' button). Then use the 'File Attachments' box to attach the image. happy.gif

Edited by Tenson

Saw this in a shop in Lucky Plaza ages ago... didn't ask how much since I already got a pair of HD580s then and the box design looked like its made 20-30 yrs ago...

Guys.... any news about Beyer DT48??? I was told this product has been around for 20-30 years and still in production!

I've tried DT48 before and really impressed with the construction which is solid and also heavy. Despite the historical background, obviously the cans are meant for certain functions such as outdoor sound recording or reporting. This pair of cans is not meant for music listening as there's no bass to speak of and mids-highs are honky. However, reproduction of piano and voice is very natural and poses a match to its audiophile counterparts. That's its only saving grace however.

Mackie,

Try increasing the output impedence to 120 ohm for the DT-48 (25 ohm version right?). This is the only can in the Beyer brochure where they actually state the output impedence to be 120 ohm.

However, do agree that it's very neutral - too nuetral IMO.