Sign in to follow this  
afbug

Why you choose the Westone UM1 over the Etymotic ER6i?

Um1 over ER6i  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mid-bass is something that is immediately visible (or should I say audible). The so called "Um Chi Um Chi" factor is really one that is judged more than any others, especially for lower end 'phones.

The treble is often one of the less outstanding components in a piece of music, so, it is often ignored or cast aside.

to me, every part is important. a while ago b4 co,img to contact wif IEM and cresyn, mid is something i dislike. but after using cresyn, mid find a impt role in my mind... to me, bass is most impt follow by treble den mid...

Its pretty amazing how the topic gets derailed so many times. :bash:

Thanks to those who replied. I think its ER6i's price and built that puts people off. And also, it doesn't impress 1st hand cos they need more time and get used to the fit and find the perfect tip.

In my experience, the ER6i can get quite bassy. In fact, its bassier than a ER4P. So I think it is the bassiest earphone in Ety's line-up. I somehow managed to get a fit that produce more bass than what you guys experienced. So I think to experience Ety's sound, you need at least a week to find the correct fit/tip.

For UM1 owners that like the ER6i's sound, the ER4 will not disappoint you.

i thought the er6i at amazon is about the same price as um1 ? only locally er6i is more expensive. for the er6i, a good seal is very important, otherwise will fall asleep

in fact, i found ety bassy and punchy... UM1 mid covers it bass... once u eq the mid, the bass will than revail...

Edited by theory_87

Of course I disagree, I think pretty much most people like headphones that have bumped mid bass but I just think that they sound thick and sludgey.

I belong to team Brightside.

Finally, someone on the same frequency :D