Sign in to follow this  
afbug

Why you choose the Westone UM1 over the Etymotic ER6i?

Um1 over ER6i  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest joi-ful

Yea, the poll basically answers everything i've to comment.

No kidding =P

The price is definitely an important factor. Also, as in all Westone IEMs, the fit is really comfortable.

same, but more importantly i love the way the UM1 sounds~~~

tried the er6i but it's "dead-ness" put me off~

Afbug,

I went to Jaben to try both Er6i and UM1, I choose the latter because the

sound is not as detailed as UM1 and the price is also in my favor. Uncle Wilson also say I have to hear

it to believe it and I did. The sound is crisp especially for vocals. :))

I chose the ER6 instead of the UM1 because SE was 3 MRT stops away from me and Jaben is significantly further away.

No, seriously... :P

I chose the ER6 instead of the UM1 because SE was 3 MRT stops away from me and Jaben is significantly further away.

SE gotch UM1 wat, i bought mine from there 2 weeks ago~

Afbug,

I went to Jaben to try both Er6i and UM1, I choose the latter because the

sound is not as detailed as UM1 and the price is also in my favor. Uncle Wilson also say I have to hear

it to believe it and I did. The sound is crisp especially for vocals. :))

well, diff ears gt diff habit... i prefer ety sounds... more details to me.. um1 concentrate on too much mid for my liking althought i can eq it....

SE do haf the westone...

Not when I purchased my ER6 (urgently) to replace the ripped cable E2c. I couldn't stand my MX400 anymore.

Anyway, I <3 my ER6 now but I do believe that the sound of the ER6 is an acquired taste.

Not when I purchased my ER6 (urgently) to replace the ripped cable E2c. I couldn't stand my MX400 anymore.

Anyway, I <3 my ER6 now but I do believe that the sound of the ER6 is an acquired taste.

wan to organise a UM1 vs ER6i showdown???

LOL :P

wan to organise a UM1 vs ER6i showdown???

LOL :P

haha... wan to organise a um1 vs im716 show down? :DD

I tried both the UM1 and the ER6i and found that the ER6i was realli lacking in the bass department with a biflange. This was 1 of the reason why i chose the UM1 over the ER6i. The 2nd reason was the price. The ER6i was much more expensive than the UM1 and i could not find any reason to pay much more for a earphone which has less bass, poorer built quality and less accessories. So end up i'm a happy user of an UM1.

Just bought UM1 from Jaben last week. Like the sound and built. :))

Wilson is really friendly. While at Jaben, also tried MS1 and MS2. Preferred MS1 out of ipod 4G. Feels that its more engaging, whereas MS2 is more distant??

Maybe because it's easier to drive than MS2? Still a newbie... :blush:

Many people consider a phone with increased mid bass "engaging". I let someone I know audition my modded SR60. He liked it with the modded comfy (warm and almost massive bass) and after he tried the bowls, he went back to the comfy and said this is how music SHOULD sound.

Of course I disagree, I think pretty much most people like headphones that have bumped mid bass but I just think that they sound thick and sludgey.

I belong to team Brightside.

EDIT: Btw, I own the ER6 not the ER6i, it seems that the ER6 have less bass than the ER6i. So if you think that the ER6i have too little bass...

Edited by Username