Sign in to follow this  
bulkie

My love affair with the Sony MDR7506s

When I 1st gotten my hands on it...............it was like wooooo, these cans really pack quick and huge punches on my electronica tracks. After half a yr, my love for it grew thinner, fading a little as each day passes. I have no idea y the sight of it pisses me off, perhaps I just didnt like looking at the same old sh*t 24/7. Finally the fateful decision came, I put it up for sale and dear rameish kindly took it over.

Just a few hrs ago, while I was doing some shopping at a weekend market near town, I came across this vinyl/cd store. Outta curiousity, I took a peep inside and found the Sony's on top of a technics SL-1200MK2 turntable. Ransacked a few boxes of vinyl and I managed to pick up a few of my favourite tracks for some pleasure listening (I didnt wanna buy anything coz my wife would nag at me again). When I heard the 7506s again, gosh........those thumps and pumps i feel on my head and heart again, I totally just tripped out for a few mins, closing my eyes and just enjoying the music (the boss must be thinking i was crazy or some sh*t). I've been through quite a few cans since aquiring the 7506s, but seriously nothing is as amazing as this baby when it comes to electronica. Most people at Head-fi would argue that the DT770s are the real bass-masters, ok I agree.........BLOATED-BASS-MASTERS.

And god y didnt I learn from ablaze's CD3K lesson? I can only seek consolation in the few concubines that I have currently, sorely missing my one and true love.

Cant wait to lay my ears on her again.... blush.gif

It happens to all of us!

Things long gone we miss and things we have, taken for granted sleep.gif

I have also learned to have different cans for different setups and/or music headphone.gif

Nee ner, nee ner neeee nerrrr...! I think I got your's from Rameish! headphone.gif

Nee ner, nee ner neeee nerrrr...! I think I got your's from Rameish! headphone.gif

Yes you did N@Z. And Bulkie, stay away from those Beyer Pads (they don't improve the sound. Yes we all need to take a leaf outa Abalze's book. I just sold my Grado RS-1 and guess what I'm feeling now? A little unsure. Yeah me feeling unsure is a rare thing but it happens. So take heart bulkie - you're not the only one.

Now I'm thinking about Emmeline headphone amp from Ray Samuels? Having heard the Gilmore V2 and Cordas and Creeks and Grado RA-1 and X-Cans and Micro-ZOTL and EMP and and and. God help me please.

hahaha.. let me try and remember.. my first can was sennheiser eH2270...

back then it sounded fantastic to me. But now rolleyes.gif ..

perhaps the only can that I would buy back is the etys or even the dt250. The ety because I like the sound but couldn't manage to master the 'fit'. dt250 because they are good for rockers and easily driver by portables. plus they isolate quite well, good for rocking on bus/mrt laugh.gif

Ablaze,

I still have a Corda around as reference material. Hopefully I sell off everything by the end of July or August latest. Then I'mm gonna start from scratch. CDP then Amp (maybe) then headphone.

But what is the question? HP-1? been there done that, RS-1? same, Sony CD-3000 and ATH-W1000? likewise, Senn, Beyer, ditto Stax ?, nope, . R-10 - ouch. AKG K-1000 nope. hmmm......maybe I post a thread on what left for me to try.

yeah, start a new thread Rameish. give us something to talk about. "help" you make your choice wink.gif

so quiet in here.. yawn.gif

I wonder if the V6 are still available at mustafa centre.

at 150 dollar, I think it's pretty darned good for portable. good for 'headbangers' to be more appropiate lol.gif

I am curious to hear this V6. I've read many reviews.. but nothing that seems very vivid.

I wonder if the V6 are still available at mustafa centre.

at 150 dollar, I think it's pretty darned good for portable. good for 'headbangers' to be more appropiate lol.gif

I am curious to hear this V6. I've read many reviews.. but nothing that seems very vivid.

Nah its no more stock at mustafa................... dry.gif

Nah its no more stock at mustafa................... 

How abt other places?...

anyone seen it being sold and the pricing is around??...