zonalblitz_audio

Volume Management for IEM users with iPods

Just wondering how much volume output are you guys putting your iPod to? :))

This question goes out to IEM users like the Shure+ers, Westone+ers, Ultimate Ear+ers etc..

Another question is about the EQ, i find the iPod (EQ = off) is alittle lacking and so, i set it to Electronic.

It gives more vibe, groove and lift in the vocals.

So, what is your favourite EQ setting or non at all? :party:

If you have to use an equalizer on the ipod, you should install rockbox. The one with the default firmware is terribly implemented, with lots of distortion and clipping.

Im using the Shure E5 with a 60gb iPod video, i tend to always set the EQ to accoustic and volume usually at 10-20%. But sometimes if it's really quiet(or if i use tri-flange), i feel that even at the absolute minimum(1-pixel line), its still too loud so i use the shure in-line volume control.

Im using the Shure E5 with a 60gb iPod video, i tend to always set the EQ to accoustic and volume usually at 10-20%. But sometimes if it's really quiet(or if i use tri-flange), i feel that even at the absolute minimum(1-pixel line), its still too loud so i use the shure in-line volume control.

I use my E5 with my 30G iPod Video, and I crank the volume to 50% (I mp3gained my mp3 to 91db though).

Am I abnormal?? :rolleyes:

I use my E5 with my 30G iPod Video, and I crank the volume to 50% (I mp3gained my mp3 to 91db though).

Are you using the tri-flange or one of the other sleeves? I use 10-20% for the tri-flange and around 50% for the soft flex(medium). But then again, my hearing is quite sensitive as I sleep in a very quiet enviroment.

Are you using the tri-flange or one of the other sleeves? I use 10-20% for the tri-flange and around 50% for the soft flex(medium). But then again, my hearing is quite sensitive as I sleep in a very quiet enviroment.

I using the soft flex (medium, grey) sleeves. Tri/Bi-flange dont work for me. It goes in way too deep. Feels like my ears kena rape... :P

I can set up to 85% when i'm out in an hotspot with a soft flex. Environmental noises can still pass into your ears by induction, especially in the areas behind your ears.

Whereas in an quiet environment, i may set as low as 20 - 30%, depending on how i want to isolate myself from disturbance etc.

50% on UM1/IPOD30GB

I using the soft flex (medium, grey) sleeves. Tri/Bi-flange dont work for me. It goes in way too deep. Feels like my ears kena rape... :P

Heh, I used to feel like that but now when i put it in, I can hardly feel a thing. Did you cut the stalk of the tri-flange to make it shorter? Its gotten to a point where i can fall asleep wearing the E5 and playing music. The sound quality from the e5 is even better with tri-flange than the soft flex, the sound is generally deeper and punchier. Anyways, I think i'm gonna take the next step and go for molded sleeves. Should be even better :P

If the E5's sensitivity says anything, that's extremely loud O_O;