Sign in to follow this  
xkcwlx

Need Some Recommendations

i hope you enjoy them welcome to the um1 club hahaaha

Dammit... trying so hard not to splurge on a um1. Sighs... suddenly my e2c doesn't satisfy me anymore. :D

Btw, is it possible to try out the er6i with foam tips instead? The last time I tried out with tri-flanges, they didn't really jam nicely into my ear canal *ouch*....

xkcwlx: Welcome to Team Westone. :beer:

Kube: You've to ask the store owner liao.

Tip for auditioning ER6i:

The normal triflange and foams are generally too long for Asian ears and they don't help with the bass at all. If you want to give the 6i a serious listen/chance, I suggest you get/use your own tip. A Ety biflange with its last bit of 2mm stem cut away, Shure grey flex with its stem 2-3mm shorten or 6i foams with 1/4-1/3 portion cut off. These 3 options gives me more bass on the 6i. You might want to try one of them and see if it works for you. The idea is to bring the 6i's tranducer tube closer to the edge of thr tip, thus allowing it to sit deeper in your ears.

Or you can try some yellow foams. (Its already short) It will be very tight and will grip the filter, thus when removing the tip, the filter will come off too. Be sure not to lose them or crack the 6i's tranducer tube.

yellow foams? As in they're add-ons to the er6i's?.

What add-ons? Yellow foams are another type of tip used by Shure/Westone earphones. Stereo has them and I think Aron sells them for $2 for audition purposes. Just before careful when using them on the 6i. Also, yellow foams provides less bass than other foams but still should be more than a triflange. Depends on your ears.

ER6i do need some time to learn how to get the best out of them. It took me more than a month to get used to my 1st pair of 6i. Still I sold them because I can't get more bass (At that time, i dun have Shure tip) and dun like the fit. I then gave the 6i another chance and bought another pair. I find that the shorten Shure grey flex tips for E1/3/5 works best for me, comfort and SQ wise.

For me, the total length of the earpiece + tip is only 2cm long. Notice I shorten the stem, so the transducer tube sits closer to the edge of the tip and deeper in my ears.

IPB Image

Guest joi-ful

Nice pics!!

I personally find the isolation by the yellow foamies horrible. =X. But the music sounds a little more open with a better soundstage with them.

Complys are the best tip, in my opinion, for isolation. In fact, they may be better than customs for that purpose.

Some prefer hard-tips (ie. soft flex, clear flex) for better sound though.

Welcome to the Just bought UM1 gang. LOL... I tried my friends um2 today, and it still didnt appeal to me. Think im gonna get screwed by some um2 lovers here.. hehe.

^

Different people different tastes.

I like the UM2 quite a lot, but prefer the E4 over it despite the E4 being an 'inferior', single-driver model.

Its an iM716 with UE SF Biflange.

The grey ones would've been more aesthetically pleasing IMO n.n;

is there a grey one?