Sign in to follow this  
FangWolf

Opinions Needed on headphones

Hihi, i'm basically a noob regarding headphones.

However if possible, i would like to garner some opinions on which headphone i should be getting based on my needs.

Basically i would like to get a closed headphone, budget is around $200.

Usage wise i guess most probably would be for my portable cd-player, hi-fi and of course computer gaming.

Was actually thinking of getting the Sony MDR 7506/V6 headphones after seeing the favourable reviews in this forum here. However Mustafa is out of stock for it and i can't seem to find it anywhere else....

So any recommendations?.. headphone.gif

what kind of music do u like??

do u want a headphone which is good in bass production or

crystal clear headphone (i mean the sound of course tongue.gif )

yeap.

low impedance. 1700 sounds great . It has warmth and quite expansive sound for its class. I fell in love with it happy.gif esp that they're so portable friendly.

You might want to consider Ultrasone HFI-650. Not the most portable headphone, but isolation and sound is impeccable. I use with my Sony MD player (no amp); works great. Works pretty good for PC gaming and movie watching as well.

i suppose u mean "U can't go anywhere wrong with the V6/7506................it is in a league of its own for that price range."

i suppose u mean "U can't go anywhere wrong with the V6/7506................it is in a league of its own for that price range."

ops soz, typo i think.............. beer.gif

I just received the Beyer DT770/990 (closed/open cans) this morning and will be trying them out. Personal reviews will be superimposed in my earlier DT880 review thread.

If U can wait a while and up the budget, 770 may be your cup of tea?

Second bulkie's recommendation - it Sony V6/7056 is excellent value for money with outstanding build quality. Great sound as well for the price - not as good as a Grado SR-60/SR-80 but the grados are open.

Thanks for the input guys....

i guess my budget of $200 is the max i can fork out...

Didnt earn enough during my vacation job to spend anymore..

Not really into bassy type of music, would just hope for clarity and warmth in the music i hear, however the bass shouldn't be too weak either. Hmm, think i'm talking myself into a paradox here...

oh well, hee, overall my heart is still leaning towards the 7506, any1 seen it retailing currently elsewhere? biggrin.gif

Edited by FangWolf