mychew

Opinions about Koss EQ 50

Ok, thanks for your advice...hm...personally i dun have any CD collection....just CD-R which i have both the CD format and MP3 format.Is that ok? tongue.gif i'm more familiar with these songs which i burn using my CD-RW writer.

For player...currently dun have any player with me..too bulky for me to bring it to singapore. Laptop would not be as convenient as portable CD player. Bad news is the CD player i borrow from my fren, he is going to take it back from me tomorrow because his sister is going to buy over it from him. Therefore, no proper source for me now..too bad. I can only bring along my headphone and pieces of music there to test out the amp. So what is the alternative solution for me now N@Z?

How about your laptop? If you're going to use that more than anything else it might as well do for now. You could still try it on the shop's CD player or whatever source they have for comparison purposes.

How about cable for connecting to your source? Does it come supplied with the amp or do you need to buy one? Something to look out for as well.

mychew, I don't really understand why you need this EQ? I seems that you need to sort out our source equipment first. rolleyes.gif

It come along with a 1/8 cable which is 1 metre long. he said i can always terminate the 1/8 cable to 2 RCA cable to connect to Cd player. I think he should have pairs of them.But i think for laptop would not need to do that...by the way if i want the amp.i should also purchase a pair from him as well.Anyway,most of the time is listening to my laptop, and he said that the amp is also suitable for laptop. For the rest of time,i would use my DVD or VCD player at home... thinking of getting a CD player in near futurefor my own in Singapore..

matbon0013,

yup..my source is a problem too smile.gif

btw...i had use my friend's portable CD player for sometime...and i am planning to use it as a source for audition. For me, coz my laptop isn't giving me the satisfying sound output, therefore think of getting an amp to improve a bit on it. But also wanna use it when i go to Malaysia for listening from DVD or VCD players smile.gif

matbon0013,

i know you are telling me all these for my own good tongue.gif

haha...but sometime i really acts like a muddle head and quite stubborn. Anyway, i appreaciate your help here. Coz u guys really help me a lot in doing audition and what to consider when doing an upgrade or buying a new device.

but it seems that u r concerning about my wallet, don't u?hehe...that's the nice feeling for me,in this forum smile.gifheadphone.gif coz everyone is helpingeach other here.A big thanks to all of u! the things i need to learn are still a lot ahead of me..hope to learn much much more from u all. But i still need more advice from you all,can i?at least for this thread wink.gif

Edited by mychew

mychew, Don't worry about it and yes most importantly take care of your wallet!

Try them (EQ) out and see if you like it, bring your laptop also after all you going to be listening through that for now. Let us know how it went, Cheers!!

biggrin.gif

And i wish to ask more audiophiliac to give me more advice. But matbon0013, do you really think i dun need a headamp for now?but for me.to have a proper source here is a burden, coz they are a bit pricy.how do u think?or u have a better alternative for me?

Edited by mychew

Sure, i would try my best to write a review here. But dun think with my cans, can come out with any nice sound quality. But i'll audition it no matter i buy it or not. But if i really can feel the sound improvement on my cans then i sure would go for it. For the review, as i can say it's the first time i write review for audio devices since i was considered a member of headphone fidelity and in SgHeadphones,haha...anyway,will try my best to give u at least a brief idea on how i rate this EQ tongue.gif

look forward for it or not?hehe....

Edited by mychew

Your HD202 is quite good actually, I had a brief listen to them on my last trip to Singapore at one of the listening stations at Takashimaya, I think. How much did it cost you?

N@Z:

Actually i bought it at S$55 at that time. I think it's not bad..but i just feel that something is missing for the treble...and my source,the laptop always give me something like hissing sound whenever it reach the highs or high treble. I hate that, so my fren suggest me to buy an amp,the boss as well.

from the research i do. the reviewer mostly rank the EQ50 badly smile.gif below are their review:

1. Agreed: horrible product DO NOT BUY!!

Unfortunately, I disregarded the pervious reviewer and purchased this product anyway. It is very noisy (heavy hissing)--totally unacceptable. Im highly disappointed in Koss.

2. horrible product DO NOT BUY!!

This e-band stereo equalizer is horrible. There is a heavy hissing sound whenever you try to listen to music through it. For example, you can use it to enhance the bass on an mp3 player, but all you get is a loud hissing which totally ruines its purpose. Dont waste your money! Its just not worth it.

3. Not bad for its price.

Overall it is pretty good for what it costs and what it does. Granted, it isnt audiophile quality, but it does make a good "beater" headphone amplifier/equalizer. It adds enough power to push some higher resistance headphones to decent levels, although it probably wouldnt be very satisfying with any headphone that costs over 50$. That being said, I give it a 4 because it does a good job for its cost, and makes a good headphone amp/eq for general purpose and active use.

Your HD202 is quite good actually, I had a brief listen to them on my last trip to Singapore at one of the listening stations at Takashimaya, I think. How much did it cost you?

mychew, my present pair of cans is a HD200, not some kinda high-end stuff.

so u r not alone. wink.gif

mychew, my present pair of cans is a HD200, not some kinda high-end stuff.

so u r not alone. 

wink.gif can say that,but your one is a little bit higher-end compare to mine happy.gif

but anyway, do u think there is a risk for me to try that amp?btw, i would still have an audition for it no matter i want to buy it or not tongue.gif