Sign in to follow this  
palestofwhite

Westone Questions...

but ... that only applies for the westone original silica gel pack ... it might not work for others thou

What settings you used? What is the recipe chef?!

but ... that only applies for the westone original silica gel pack ... it might not work for others thou

What settings you used? What is the recipe chef?!

I used the lowest power the defrost function in my microwave for safety and experimental sake

SE sells the westone silica pack? How much are they? I may buy one of those and use them with a lock'n'lock case from the supermarket...

just get a large 2KG bottle of silica gel , get a few small plastic bags , pour in the silica gel and poke holes in the bag ... saves you money from buying the original westone silica pack ...

or if you are lazy ... just throw the UM1 ( without the eartips ) into the bottle of silica gel lor

I went to BIG superstore at Habourfront and bought one of the camera dry box. It has microwave-able gel built-in.

I think I paid about $20 for the whole thing. Put my headphone, UM2, in it to prevent from growing mold.

careful when using dehumidifying agents. You must maintain a certain humidity.. too dry and coatings will chip, sponges will flake, rubber becomes sticky. I had a camera lens turned like that when I over zealously loaded tons of silica into a dry box. now i use a electronic dry cabinet with humidity setting.

Guest joi-ful

My UM1 has sort of become my beater phones. So no special treatment for them. They\re pretty rugged imo =D