Sign in to follow this  
Adelfin

Help chooing IEMs?

that said....i'm now pondering over a few options...

1) Er-4p

2) er-4p with portable amp

3) er-4s with portable amp

anyone could advise me on a good set-up? i know the er-4s is supposed to be more accurate but without bass boost, and it's hard to drive, so i'll definitely need an amp.. if so, what amp should i get...

and i'd also like to know what good is an amp for the er-4p, if my player already can drive it?

PA2V2 would be a good amp to get. Its cheap, seller is very helpful and friendly and it should add that little bit of bass for the etys as its quite a bassy amp as evian said.

The 6i actually have more bass than 4P. Its just that you need to get the tip and fit right. If you want to buy online, try earphonesolutions. Maybe its cheaper as they usually have free shipping within US to vpostusa.

thanks..i've looked there...but the reviews from people who bought it from them seem so bad..i wonder if it's just that shop who has a problem...

in any case..i must clarify that i try not to use the vpost@usa, rather i use the shop@usa... shop@usa allows me to return goods easily through comerxia, while under vpost i have to settle it myself...and paying for shipment back to usa is not cheap...i've tried it before... so to do that i gotta use one of the selected merchants by singpost/comerxia.... which isn't alot..and many don't carry the earphones... so most likely i'll buy them in sg instead....

B)

huh? Many people from headfi and I personally bought a few times from them and experienced no problems. They will ship directly to SG. I recommend vpost cos its cheaper. Anyway, its your money and your choice, so not my problem. :smoke:

that said....i'm now pondering over a few options...

1) Er-4p

2) er-4p with portable amp

3) er-4s with portable amp

anyone could advise me on a good set-up? i know the er-4s is supposed to be more accurate but without bass boost, and it's hard to drive, so i'll definitely need an amp.. if so, what amp should i get...

and i'd also like to know what good is an amp for the er-4p, if my player already can drive it?

If you're on a tight budget, try 4S+PA2v2. PA2v2 is not as bassy as people claim but will be a good match for Etys. Drawback is you're stuck with an uneffiecent earphone.

If you're feeling rich, try 4P+Xin Supermini or Supermacro. It has the built in 75 ohm switch to convert P-S, gain switch and bass boost. All 3 are very useful for Etys, esp the 4P. Drawback is; expensive.

There're also other amps that you can look at like the Portaphile or Practical Devices XM3. I've the 4P and I'm deciding on getting the Supermacro 4. Hoping to test out a local set of SM3 first.

thanks once again for the feedback guys! :))

got advice from uncle wilson...i'll prob get the 4p.. apparantly there isn't much diff, and it isn't available in singapore anyway...

as for the amp...i hope to learn more about it before i can make an informed desicion... still a noob in these areas...don't really know what an amp does except to add volume, bass or treble... and prob wun now how to use one well if i got it anyway....

yupyup... trying to save up for my 4p now.... thanks again for all your help guys! and thanks uncle wilson! ^_^

Guest joi-ful

Rmb to leave your impressions when you finally get them.

I still maintain that it's much tougher (financially) being a student than ns man. I don't even get a chance to scrimp any cent of mine...

My pocket $$ is just... =(

I still maintain that it's much tougher (financially) being a student than ns man. I don't even get a chance to scrimp any cent of mine...

same here, i can only look and drool at the UM2s

You aren't the oly one in the same situation ... I'm holding one now , but ... i can't listen with it ... It is now a $500 earplug ...

You aren't the oly one in the same situation ... I'm holding one now , but ... i can't listen with it ... It is now a $500 earplug ...

i feel like poking a big fat hole in ur big fat bottle :bash:

lucky i'm very happy wif my current setup... haha... i cant find a moer enjoyable setup currently and i dun wish to find.. haha...

lucky i'm very happy wif my current setup... haha... i cant find a moer enjoyable setup currently and i dun wish to find.. haha...

Because if you do, you find one better one, right? :bash:

Because if you do, you find one better one, right? :bash:

haha... den i haf to spend $$$... already no $$$ le...