Sign in to follow this  
Adelfin

Help chooing IEMs?

Hi there,

My recommendation to you is the UM1 however if you're in doubt, head down tio Jaben

and audition both ER6i and UM1.

Let your ear be the judge, I tried both and I find it very obvious which sounds better...

Anyway happy listening and welcome to SgHead!! :)):))

hihi..thanks for all your advice guys!

:)

went down to jaben today.. uncle wilson was really nice...let me try out all the different headphones (6i, um1, um2, e4c, er-4)..must say i was most impressed with the er-4p... 6i was very clear but still lacked bass to produce the needed balance.. um1s and um2s had too much bass (um2 esp), and was really not as clear as I would have hoped....e4c was the closest contender, but i was told it was very pricey..so it wasn't worth it...

guess i'll prob get the er-4p...it costs more, but for the sound difference...definitely worth it...

now for your honest opinions.....i know the er-4p can be bought for as low as USD160 (about SGD 256)...compared to almost 500 here... but the risk of getting damaged or inferior goods is there....what should I do?

Take the risk? :P

A good point of buying locally is to help the local audio industry (which is rather good, for the market size). Overseas orders, however, should be okay, as many have gone through them. Don't take my word for it though. I am still a greenhorn in overseas orders.

hihi..thanks for all your advice guys!

:)

went down to jaben today.. uncle wilson was really nice...let me try out all the different headphones (6i, um1, um2, e4c, er-4)..must say i was most impressed with the er-4p... 6i was very clear but still lacked bass to produce the needed balance.. um1s and um2s had too much bass (um2 esp), and was really not as clear as I would have hoped....e4c was the closest contender, but i was told it was very pricey..so it wasn't worth it...

guess i'll prob get the er-4p...it costs more, but for the sound difference...definitely worth it...

now for your honest opinions.....i know the er-4p can be bought for as low as USD160 (about SGD 256)...compared to almost 500 here... but the risk of getting damaged or inferior goods is there....what should I do?

OH ~ SO you are the one !!! I'm the guy with T-shirt and shorts ( uncle wilson commented that i'm wearing a shirt with ink all over ) :bash:

yupyup...that was me alright...

i've kinda decided on the er-4p...addicted to the sound..totally breathtaking....

wanna help the local industry..but it's almost a $200 difference...and the army doesn't pay me much (sad lives of an NSF)...so it's quite hard to save.....

on the other hand...overseas orders don't come with warranty and delivered products might have problems....wad to do.... :unsure:

why hor Singapore got so many insurance but none was for iem or cans????

Fancy getting insurance for you console ( PSP , NDS , PS2 ... ) ... LOL ... but cans ... probably not ...

Because if people are willing to replace their iBuds with newer iBuds once spoilt, insurance companies don't see the need to insure better buds :D

yupyup...that was me alright...

i've kinda decided on the er-4p...addicted to the sound..totally breathtaking....

wanna help the local industry..but it's almost a $200 difference...and the army doesn't pay me much (sad lives of an NSF)...so it's quite hard to save.....

on the other hand...overseas orders don't come with warranty and delivered products might have problems....wad to do.... :unsure:

oh come on...the army paid worse during my time and all i got was an MX500 hehe.

my advice (though it can hardly be called advice):

go for the er4p if you really like it so much. no point buying something lesser just bcos it's cheaper...cos eventually you will eat/sleep/dream abt the er4p and inevitably you WILL get the er4p anyway. and then you'll notice it would have been cheaper to get the er4p in the first place.

as to whether overseas orders are safe or not, it depends heavily on who you're buying from. it makes quite a difference if the seller is some random guy on ebay, or if you are buying from a well reputed online store which provides package tracking. not to say that all random guys on ebay are not to be trusted though. the big stores arent nearly infallible too.

well oh well....i tried going through vpost usa...just to make it easier to return defective products...and found amazon was selling the er-4p at USD180... pretty good...until they added shipping and handling...to a grand total of SGD365!!! :(

gives me savings of only slightly over 100 bucks now if i buy online...doesn't seem really worth it anymore... :P

The 6i actually have more bass than 4P. Its just that you need to get the tip and fit right. If you want to buy online, try earphonesolutions. Maybe its cheaper as they usually have free shipping within US to vpostusa.

Guest joi-ful

Yea, I agree with the lot of them. No point settling for less especially if you REALLY like the sound of er-4p. You might find yourself very very unhappy if you fork out $100-200+ getting something you are not entirely satisfied with.

So I guess you'd have to start saving up now...

Of course, having said that, sorry 'bout your wallet dude. =P

The 6i actually have more bass than 4P. Its just that you need to get the tip and fit right. If you want to buy online, try earphonesolutions. Maybe its cheaper as they usually have free shipping within US to vpostusa.

thanks..i've looked there...but the reviews from people who bought it from them seem so bad..i wonder if it's just that shop who has a problem...

in any case..i must clarify that i try not to use the vpost@usa, rather i use the shop@usa... shop@usa allows me to return goods easily through comerxia, while under vpost i have to settle it myself...and paying for shipment back to usa is not cheap...i've tried it before... so to do that i gotta use one of the selected merchants by singpost/comerxia.... which isn't alot..and many don't carry the earphones... so most likely i'll buy them in sg instead....

B)

Edited by Adelfin