Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

Pic of Sennheiser HD650?

sennheiser hd650 silver edition

it sure looks pretty laugh.gif

Damned Netscape, can't d/load.

N@z, try with IE laugh.gif

netscape sux.. used them last time.. but IE is much more supported mellow.gif

IE slow but we diagress, I think I saw the photo of it on Head-fi already.

yea.. basically just a 600 with some cosmetic change.

I heard it uses same driver also. Probably a little change in sound only lah and price them up high ppth.gif

They better come in a 'proper' box this time!

Yeah & we all know what box that came in! rolleyes.gif

I think they would come in proper box, afterall they are facing stiff competition from the beyer. They won't want to lose their 'water face right' biggrin.gif

I also wonder why german headphone makers do not make headphones in 900-1500 sin dollar range. They all stop at 450 sin dollar range. Then skip to electrostatics(orpheus for senn). They seem not interested to cover that gap. Or maybe the engineers have no idea how to improve on that 600 sound.

i would actually prefer that they make their headphones cheaper if they didnt come with the box. smile.gif

and the reason is probably that there is a small market for headphones when compared to speakers. and the 900-1500 range corresponds to many many many speakers.

hm... maybe.

but I heard that europe actually has a pretty big market for headphone..

for me I think the reason is that german headphone makers have no idea how to improve on that sound. Hence sennheiser stops their dynamic range at 400 dollar range. Then jumps to electrostats(baby O and O) which is different technology altogether. I think same case with the beyers. Whereas for grados, they take it further to rs-1 which is in 1 k range.

But I think sound is very subjective and hence some might prefer 600 to rs-1. Probably due to this reason, the engineers over at sennheiser are all satisfied that that they have reached the peak at dynamic cans, where choosing the headphone depends on music preference, not the technicality of it anymore. (for eg it's accepted rs-1 is superior in terms of dynamic , pace and all to senn hd600 but some might find 600's sound more to their liking)

That's what I personally think la laugh.gif