aaron-xp

Headphone/Earphone Sightings

The most expensive sighting I have seen is a um2 and ER4. The most common is IPOD ibuds i guess lol

yes i see ibuds all over the place. frm young to middle aged.

i dunno why, everytime i see an ibud, this "i have an ipod" look is often on the face on teenage wearers. everytime i see that look, i think hey dont these people know that ibuds are crap? -_-

and they all wear it like its a fashion accesory, really doubt if they got the ipod for listening to music, or for looking cool..... <_<

yup. i think ibuds are just a fashion accessory to them. they give the smug proud look when they're using the ibus.

i can never understand why it is such a crime to be seen using the stock earphones that come with the iPods. the most obvious reason as to why people are using them, contrary to what seems to be the general consensus here, is simply because they came packaged with their players!

if i buy a desktop system from Compaq, i can use the stock optical mouse that came with it right? i mean, sure Razer or Logitech have much better offerings, but there isn't anything wrong with just using the stock mouse, is there?

Guest joi-ful

Well, wait til you check what DAP the ibuds are plugged in....

I've frens buying ibuds for use specially for their DAP just for the looks. lol.

Nothing wrong but they could have better spent the $$ on better equipment IMO.

Edited by joi-ful

i can never understand why it is such a crime to be seen using the stock earphones that come with the iPods. the most obvious reason as to why people are using them, contrary to what seems to be the general consensus here, is simply because they came packaged with their players!

if i buy a desktop system from Compaq, i can use the stock optical mouse that came with it right? i mean, sure Razer or Logitech have much better offerings, but there isn't anything wrong with just using the stock mouse, is there?

along the lines of that analogy, hang out at hardcore gaming forums and you'll probably find people who rant about people using stock mice, using trackball instead of optical (instead of laser)

anyway, i'm seeing um1's a lot more these days, and other low-profile types as well

saw a gentleman with e5c some days ago alighting at amk mrt :DD

cos this is a headphones forum? of course people here will be talking about higher end earphones other than stock ones...it's like BMW/merc drivers talking about people driving protons...sth along that line..

It's really a personal thing. I may find it a waste of time to buy a $100 razer mouse, feeling that it will offer little benefit to me as compared to the stock optical mouse.

Similarly, a "normal consumer" would think that a $170 UM1 would offer little benefit to him/her over the stock buds.

Relax though. I escaped the stock bud route, mainly due to the discomfort they induce.

you people are lucky! i have yet to spot IEM owners,but i spotted a guy wearing cans (unsure of the model) on a double decker bus and oh man,they look big (bigger than those i have seen usually).

lucky for those whom have spotted girls wearing IEM as i always thought that it's a 'guy's thing' to wear IEM.

ytd saw a schoolmate using um1 in the auditorium. so surprised.

Which school? I also saw a few people using the ep630 in auditorium in my school. :))