Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

SOLD: AudioTechnica W100

is there a rough price you can quote us?

What's the age? Are you the original owner?

What's the age? Are you the original owner?

It's less than half a year.

First owner is another member with an incredible headphone inventory and only had them for weeks. MINT, seriously!

hrmm, argh i am SO tempted but so far i find i do not take to the audio technica sound.. but wood headphones.. i have something for them.. argh. must resist.

but if anyone wants to buy this and change the headphone cord ala gerG from head-fi, i'll do it for you! like this: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=35769

The photo on audiocubes is not very clear, what is the problem with the original cable anyway? I thought the wood plug looks unique which is replaced with a plain one on the upgraded cables.

people replace the stock headphone cable for many reasons.

a. it could be the bottleneck in your system: no use having $1000 interconnects, $2000 cdp and a $900 amp with a crap stock connection to your headphones.

b. modding the w100 involves also removing the limiting pins on the cups swivel joint that prevent the cups from twisting more than ~30 degrees each way. if a Y type connection is done with each indivdual cup having a wire, there is no longer a need for this limiting pina s the crossover cable cannot possible get entangles as it's nolonger there. hence with the limiting pin rmeoved you can lay your cans 'flat', saving space and allowing for easy transportation.

c. sometimes, the cable may just be plain irritating - eg, IMO the dt880's coiled cable.

maybe the wood plug can be reattached to the new cable. i'm not sure abt that.

I prefer the wood plugs

I don't think changing the w100's cable improves much of the sound.. as per what I've read in head-fi. I think they change it more for convenience or whatever reason.

I think only sennheisers need their cable changed.. other company has pretty good stuffs there already

Edited by Cookie