Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Thinking of ordering the Go-vibe V5..

Hmm.. keen to try out the Go-Vibe too..

afbug u wanna go down tmr?

most likely i am going down to hear it also.. bringin yr SMv6 to compare boh? :grin:

If you really want to give the amp a workout, try playing some opera vocals - the lows and the highs should give you an idea of the dynamic range of the amp.

I play the CD Voices (Label: Universal Music -2002 featuring Freddie Mercury, Andrea Bocelli, Luciano Pavorotti, et el), and lesser amps usually clip and distort when Luciano sings, :D Those amps have no problems with pop music though :P

Edited by scanfiend

That's a swell idea, scanfiend!

I saw some universal AC adaptors at a discount shop but they only go up to 12V.

Anyway, you know of any reputable AC adaptor brands or are they all roughly the same?

I really don't know, RLN, some of the universal AV adaptors look kinda cheap, and may skimp on quality components. Some amps are sensitive to "dirty" power, which can cause audio degradation. Some guys use a regulated power adaptor, which are expensive. I figured it might be overkill.

Best for me will be to go down to Jaben to investigate the anamoly of the different plug sizes :P

Hmm.. keen to try out the Go-Vibe too..

afbug u wanna go down tmr?

I can go tomorrow at approx 3.30pm. sms me if you want to go. I'm going to collect my amp.... :lust:

WT*, ask for pricing so hard to get ah? :bash:

No vulgarities or obscenities languages used in the forum, thanks.

Edited by yotiao

I really don't know, RLN, some of the universal AV adaptors look kinda cheap, and may skimp on quality components. Some amps are sensitive to "dirty" power, which can cause audio degradation. Some guys use a regulated power adaptor, which are expensive. I figured it might be overkill.

Best for me will be to go down to Jaben to investigate the anamoly of the different plug sizes :P

Well, always safer to use regulated adapters. alot of adapters aren't accurately rated. I had some rated 6v measuring a dangerous 8v.. so better to double check with the multimeter if it's a cheap adapter.

Afbug: which charger you got for the 9V maha batt?? EG is selling the charger at $49 :ppth:

Is it a must to use a maha charger? :no: i have a pal who is willing to pass me his nexcell charger...

Not necessary, but I think it would be better if the charger is not those that is plugged directly to the power point like most of the GP chargers, cos these things do get pretty hot.

Edited by flu_fighter

Afbug: which charger you got for the 9V maha batt?? EG is selling the charger at $49 :ppth:

nakedtoes, sabian:

If the Maha charger works and promised as advertised, its worth the money although it seems overkill for a cheap amp. Power is important and especially so if Norm specify it and built the amp based on it. Plus, it can charge it in 2 hrs leh! Where got such thing for cheap 9V chargers? At best, its 8-12 hrs.

Also have to note that this is a 9.6V rated batt. Cheap/ordinary chargers do not put out enough voltage to charge the batt effeciently. I got this advise from Thomas Distributing's site. A 9.6V batt requires a higher output voltage from the charger.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/mh-96v230.htm - Read the text in bold and red near the bottom of the page.

I've used some cheap chargers and they're not so good and slow. So my advise if you're buying the Go-Vibe V5, go for the Maha batt and charger.

sabian, topgun:

Thanks for pointing out the 230mAh. They're selling it at Comex? I dun have their flyer. Printing errors can happen.

Edited by afbug

Afbug

if u want confirmation, i can post it tmr so that you can save yourself a wasted trip or if you want, i can leave it with SE/Jaben and u can pick it up from them? I will gg to Jaben to test the GV & Xenos and I live near SE.

hmmm....u might not be getting the GV5 :doh:

i will be there tmr @ 12noon when they open.

Edited by sabian

Afbug

if u want confirmation, i can post it tmr so that you can save yourself a wasted trip or if you want, i can leave it with SE/Jaben and u can pick it up from them? I will gg to Jaben to test the GV & Xenos and I live near SE.

hmmm....u might not be getting the GV5 :doh:

i will be there tmr @ 12noon when they open.

Oh you mean you have the flyer? lol I thought you saw their online ad. I think there is no need for you to leave it or post it la. Don't make it sound like I don't trust your eyesight. :P But nevermind, EG is near Jaben, I can drop by if they're open for business. (Hard to say as they're at Comex?)

GV5, left one demo set, be the time I make it to Jaben (If I can make it), also don't know will it still be there or not. Want to buy also cannot la. I also told you the other time thru PM that I might not get it but if the sound is good....... :drool: