Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Thinking of ordering the Go-vibe V5..

Anyhone wanna hope on to save on the shipping?? :))

Will consolidates the total order and ask for a price quotation from Norm. Dateline this friday 1159PM

Interested SGheadphoners:

1) Nakedtoes

2) sabian

3) Newbie123

4)flu_fighter

5) [Top_Gun]

6) surab

Edited by nakedtoes

Hmmm....it seems to be a fairly well-regarded amp in Head-fi, but then those guys can get pretty emotional over there sometimes :P

For only USD75.00 + shipping, the price is right! Yeah, I'm definitely interested.

Here's the link for those interested in knowing more: http://go-vibe-headphoneamp.com/

Edited by scanfiend

It is actually USD 85 for international orders. I am consolidating the orders by friday. And send the order to norm and see what saving he can give :DD so those interested do chip in. If price is good n we decide to proceed, i may need you to transfer the $$ to my account.

Guest joi-ful

Whoa, gotta audition e go-vibe someday. Heard it synergizes well with Grado's.

Hi,

I tested the go-vibe at Jaben earlier. Coming from the crossroad amp, I felt the soundstage opens up more for the go-vibe. Did not listen in detail because was quite taken in by the soundstage and started enjoying the sounds coming from a cheap Creative V200 paired with the UM1.

Its a bit bigger than the crossroads too but I felt it was of a better built. At least the input/output ports are not packed closely like the crossroads.

One problem I face with the crossroad which I demo to Mr Wilson earlier is the loss of connection(hollow ?) sound when my bag pressed against the IC and the IEM jack. The UM1 jack being low profile tend to push my IC jack upwards and thus getting that connection loss sound.

Many thanks to Mr Wilson for letting me hear the much talked about AKG K1000, my next target the Ety ER4 and for being the 1st to test the go-vibe hehehehe. All I wanted to get was a pair of Shure Clearflex tips but I walked away with more than that hahaha a nice treat after getting drenched in the rain.

Edited by poyo

It's really weird when we go to Jaben. It's much like shopping for a typical female (sexist... :P), you do so many other things that you almost forget to get what you wanted... :P

Do Wilson sell the GO-vibe?? anyway i am consolidating the orders.. I owned Norm's amp before and i hae faith in it :))

Edited by nakedtoes

Bad news guys.... Jaben was recently appointed to be the dealer for the Go-vibe and such he group buy has to be called off.. however Norm still accept single purchase. Perhaps Wilson can offer us a better price if we ordered a few sets of him.. :cans:

Top-Gun....er, "significantsly"? :P Heh heh, I understand, because sometimes I get excited as well :D

Will bring my Kelly Flynt CD down to audition tomorrow....I also hope to borrow your Eric Clapton, too, if you don't mind :P

I hope the Go-Vibe can take the 24V Firestone AC adaptor. I heard it's performance improves significantly when fed with 24V of juice instead of just that 9V battery.

Edited by scanfiend

Ahhhhh ER4P .... I am still hearing it hehehe. Ahhhhh Go-Vibe and ER4P ..... Too bad got other commitments, cannot spend so much.

Price wise when I asked was quite reasonable, guys.

Oh maannnnn what a soundstage .... hehehehe ok that's enough dreaming.

Top-Gun, I prefer the IC I got from afbug in classifieds compared to the Cardas. Something seems to be missing when I use the cardas. Maybe its just my ears.

By the way the IC I tested from Mr W ... the one with the gargantuan plugs sounded quite good too. Ask him to show you but the size defeats using it on the go.