Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Thinking of ordering the Go-vibe V5..

I did see the actual flyer posted online. But as everyone is speculating if it is a typo. They are at comex doing a roaring biz, their Maha AA running low. All the pent up demand from the disappearng Sanyo.

I hope unker brings in somemore GV for demo if the demo gets sold. I have kinda taken my foot off the pedal for the hunt but I will need to get the amp(xenos or GV5)/ portable speaker (shd be Travelsound i300), iRiver T10 2GB (thanks to zeph altho T10 ain't the prettiest but normal battery & UMS clinched it for me) by end Nov. Going on a trip and will be driving lots so the music is essential.

I really like the CK7 more each day (thank god this forum exists) and really miss home.

Edited by sabian

dun go EAST gear they are closed...

Just as I thought so! I know I should not say this but their prices at Comex isn't really good at all. eg, that very same Maha charger was going for $59 during the last PC show and their site list them as $47. Its a good chance to tok carrot head yeah! :bash: I'll never buy from them during shows anymore.

I did see the actual flyer posted online. But as everyone is speculating if it is a typo. They are at comex doing a roaring biz, their Maha AA running low. All the pent up demand from the disappearng Sanyo.

I hope unker brings in somemore GV for demo if the demo gets sold. I have kinda taken my foot off the pedal for the hunt but I will need to get the amp(xenos or GV5)/ portable speaker (shd be Travelsound i300), iRiver T10 2GB (thanks to zeph altho T10 ain't the prettiest but normal battery & UMS clinched it for me) by end Nov. Going on a trip and will be driving lots so the music is essential.

I really like the CK7 more each day (thank god this forum exists) and really miss home.

Ok. I'll wait till the end of the PC show and try their store. For long travels, AA batts will be better perhaps? Easier to replace if they do dead. But the GV5 can last like 75hrs according to Norm's site. Surely Uncle Wilson will bring in more GV5 as I think IT IS the amp to get for those on a budget. If they're anything like its previous versions, then the GV5 will be a winner.

Getting a Travelsound means more batts to bring. My old one uses 4XAAA. Travelsound is an active speaker, you don't need to amp them.

nakedtoes: If I'm going down I'll bring my amp along.. But anyway I think some guys here got the SM4 liao?

afbug: Ok.. if I'm going ard 3.30 I'll drop u a sms.

Seems like Go-vibe very popular.. hope still available tmr!

I just bought a 9.6V 230mAh battery from Eastgear - costs $19.00. And yeah, the 24V Firestone Amp AC adaptor in Jaben fit the GoVibe (the demo set), but the one I have at home is too big?! :doh:

I went round checking the prices for regulated 24V AC adaptors with changeable tips, and they range from $24-$79. All are switching types, and feature a big, honking, transformer module ^_^

And yeah, the GoVibe V5 sounded divine with the AKG K601. I really should be trying it out with my other phones, but I was having too much fun with the AKG K601 :P

I just bought a 9.6V 230mAh battery from Eastgear - costs $19.00. And yeah, the 24V Firestone Amp AC adaptor in Jaben fit the GoVibe (the demo set), but the one I have at home is too big?! :doh:

I went round checking the prices for regulated 24V AC adaptors with changeable tips, and they range from $24-$79. All are switching types, and feature a big, honking, transformer module ^_^

And yeah, the GoVibe V5 sounded divine with the AKG K601. I really should be trying it out with my other phones, but I was having too much fun with the AKG K601 :P

How to check the PSU is regulated?? Eastgear also selling the Nexell 9v charger with free 2 x 9V for $35 only did you got that charger?? looks like a good deal as the charging voltage is still higher then 9.6 v so might be able to charge the maha also

How to check the PSU is regulated?? Eastgear also selling the Nexell 9v charger with free 2 x 9V for $35 only did you got that charger?? looks like a good deal as the charging voltage is still higher then 9.6 v so might be able to charge the maha also

The 2 X 9v is 8.4v. Anyway can't go wrong with Maha batteries and chargers. All my chargers are maha and they are excellent :) though a little more expensive

I bought the Maha charger for $49 - bought it with 2 older 9.6V 200mAh batteries some months ago when I got the Xenos REP amp.

How to tell if it's regulated? With a voltmeter, I suppose :P That's why I am hesitant on buying those "switchable" type power adaptors - i.e. those with adjustable voltages. You just don't know about the quality of these things.

Edited by scanfiend

Eastgear just replied they no more carry stock for the nexell charger and batteries... Some companies are just plain or do not bother to updates their wesite... Maha is good but it can charge 4 pc together overkill for me...

Ooooo so EastGear has the 230mAh already? Thanks dude, I'll check them out.

Uncle Wilson showed me a power supply, its quite small (Might be the Firestone one?) but I'm not sure which one is it. You've to check with him but I think he still don't have any for sale yet.

But I think it depends on how you want to use the go-vibe? If mainly home use, then get the power supply, if not, I think those Maha batts are fine.

Don't get the Nexcell one. 8.4V batts only. :bash:

I intended to get the nexcell charger and upgrade their batteries to maha.. too bad it is not sold in Eastgear anymmore.. May i know where can i get this charger... :grin:

I intended to get the nexcell charger and upgrade their batteries to maha.. too bad it is not sold in Eastgear anymmore.. May i know where can i get this charger... :grin:

I saw Stereo selling a 9V charger with auto off. Cheaper than Nextcell one. Not batteries included though.

I saw Stereo selling a 9V charger with auto off. Cheaper than Nextcell one. Not batteries included though.

any info a spec or brands for me to search in he net?? The nexcell one has almost same and good spec as the maha but charge 2 batteries only... They are charge based and not timing based with tickle charge functions :))

If you want the best out of your maha 9v batteries, I'd say it would be safer to go with the maha chargers. Any old cheapo charger may not prolong the life of the rechargeable batteries. :b2t

Edited by flu_fighter

So does the Firestone power supply works well with this? Or is there any better alternative?

thanks.