Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Thinking of ordering the Go-vibe V5..

Wow! Go-Vibe in Jaben! Anyone going tomorrow to have a listen? :P Nakedtoes, go group buy from Jaben?

Uncle Wilson, can bring in those high capacity true 9V Maha 230mAh batt that Norm recommends? Eastgear only have the 200mAh version.

Edited by afbug

if my boy doesn't make noise, I'll bring him to uncle Wilson for audition tomorrow :)

Eastgear only have the 200mAh as the 230mAh version is fairly new. If Eastgear has the 230 ones, they surely list it on their site. I've been to their store a few weeks back and only got 200 ones. One fine day, they'll have them but have to wait la. Maybe by end of the year as they have to clear old stocks too.

9.6V will out perform a 9V or 8.4V batt for sure but a 9.6V 200mAh Vs a 9.6V 230mAh batt in terms of batt life, surely you know the winner right? :D

Edited by afbug

' date='31 Aug 2006, 10:58 PM' post='76417']

Baby boy or what boy?

I dont get the pun.. :cry:

Baby boy lar :). Since the childcare close tomorrow due to Teacher's day, I will have to babysit him :sweat:

I just got my 2 GoVibes this afternoon (reserved, my man!) :dance:

For those who wants to audition, you better hurry! When I was there, there's only 1 demo set available, and another newly opened one for a young gentleman to audition.....and erm, that's it!

I just got my 2 GoVibes this afternoon (reserved, my man!) :dance:

For those who wants to audition, you better hurry! When I was there, there's only 1 demo set available, and another newly opened one for a young gentleman to audition.....and erm, that's it!

Wah lao, I can't make it today! I going tomorrow afternoon. How much is it BTW? Or pm me the price? Thanks. :beer:

Price? It's not the same for everyone..

Depending on which group u belong to, :D

ur kidding rite? lol :blink:

I think i might be the 'young gentleman' that scanfiend is referring to. Don't worry i have helped you guys out by choosing to purchase another amp instead of the Go-Vibe.

I think i might be the 'young gentleman' that scanfiend is referring to. Don't worry i have helped you guys out by choosing to purchase another amp instead of the Go-Vibe.

And a fine hello to you, too, RLN! :thumbup:

Incidentally, which other amp did you purchase?

Two thumbs up to you too, scanfiend!

I got the Xenos REP.

That is a mighty fine amp you bought, RLN! I have one, and I wrote a review on the REP and RHP sometime ago. Highly recommended (IMHO) :))

I am now "burning" in the GoVibe as I am typing this. Initial impressions: a slight bass hump and treble compression compared to the other amps I have (see my sig :D ). Soundstage is a little congested - perhaps my battery wasn't fully charged. It's a Powerex 9.6V 200mAh - it's been sitting there for a couple of weeks since the last charging.

You saw me fiddling with the 24V AC adaptor at Jaben, right? Funny thing, it fit at the shop, but the plug of the adaptor I have at home was too big - doh! :bash::P Can't understand why, since I have the same Firestone amp at home ^_^

You guys should try plugging in a 24V AC into the amp....fantastic :))

That's a swell idea, scanfiend!

I saw some universal AC adaptors at a discount shop but they only go up to 12V.

Anyway, you know of any reputable AC adaptor brands or are they all roughly the same?