Sign in to follow this  
Nu_Omega

Interconnects

Hello,

I'm curious on how much interconnects can contribute to the sound quality of your equipment?

(mini-to-mini, RCA cables, Cans cables...etc.)

Do most people emphasize on interconnects once their setup are completed?

Just curious because it seems like most people pay more attention to their cans and amps instead?

Cheers! :cans:

Depending on the material used, interconnects can change the sonic signature of the audio signal. For example, a silver IC will sound brighter while a copper IC will sound warmer :)

Edited by Newbie123

just got back from LHS today.

trying out the 89259 cable $7 per 1m(the black 1 with copper shealing and "wax" covering) with canare RCAPs.

a great improvement from those normal RCA cable i got from courts.

Arh i see....many thanks for the inputs guys! That was fast.

Where is a good place to hunt for such cables? you know,Canare..Neutrik etc. Hows the price range like?

I think the shorter the cable the better right as the electrical signals travel less?

Not sure if i should give it a try as i'm using the Fubar II (stock cables)-->Cute Beyond-->HD600. i'm pretty satisfied with the sound i must say and hope that i don't have to upgrade for some time :lol:

But tweaking a bit here and there seems interesting. btw Whats LHS? (pardon me for my ignorance)

Edited by Nu_Omega

in my opinion, the most cost effective place to go is LHS at simlimtower, the shop which ahdui referred to. It's on the second floor.

Is your HD600 the stock cable? That could be the main bottleneck for your setup, because most people say that it's a terrible cable (I've never heard it because I bought my HD600 2nd hand with an aftermarket cable). The most cost effective option there is to get a HD650 cable. Not sure where you can get that. Maybe you can just call or email sennheiser in Singapore and tell them your HD650 cable got chewed by your dog or something...

I'm also looking at i/c for my Fubar.

The FubarII's stock i/c seemed pretty smooth (compared to an old Monster Cable) except the connector is quite crappy.

Noticed just a touch of grain after switching from WM to Foobar.

just a note.

i have notice quite a number of ppl goes for Interconnects which r nice in design and not their quality.

i wonder whats the purpose for such -.-

just a note.

i have notice quite a number of ppl goes for Interconnects which r nice in design and not their quality.

i wonder whats the purpose for such -.-

"Bling Bling" :lust:

hahah. For the non-purist, looks matter too you know! For example, even if the new igrados sound like heaven. you will never see me out with it...it's just too ugly...

Go to university and if you study in the library with ugly interconnects, people will point at you and laugh... :lol:

yup design and looks do matter.

but y go for sumthing nice looking but yet nt as productive as sumthing which looks decent enuff but performs greatly?

no offense :)

well, i do believe that nowadays manufacturers will focus both on the aesthetics and the quality of the product that they are selling. Though they all look the same to me at the moment.

is it true that copper really gives a warmer sound like what Newbie123 said? i'm like listening to 70% rock, 25% smooth jazz and 5% classical at the moment. I know bright is the way to go for rock but that's fatiguing in the long run man lol.

if i'm ever buying i hope to keep the budget below 30 bucks?

to Loop: yup, my cans are using the stock cables.

I used to think that fancy interconnects are a waste of money. Until I got a headphones and amp which are good enough to tell the diff. I still don't spend big bucks on them. I just go to LHS and get the wires that Robert recommend as good and cheap and have them terminated by his guy, Patrick, with quality connectors. And they do sound a lot cleaner than the cables you get from Best Denki or Harvey Norman. These cables from LHS are copper btw. So, I recommend a visit to LHS for a good and cheap solution.

For example, even if the new igrados sound like heaven. you will never see me out with it...it's just too ugly...

I don't find it ugly, i feel very special and outstanding when used in the MRT. But i took great care on not to disturb people around me. I ever saw one guy with enormous Philip headphone walking around, really very big looking!

By the way, how much is a good 0.5m long i/c from LHS?

I'm looking at used van den hul 102 III, but not sure how this compares with the LHS cables.

I'm looking at used van den hul 102 III, but not sure how this compares with the LHS cables.

My way to compare the cables is that, the headphone amp has two inputs and the source has two outputs (fixed level not the variable level) and you switch between the headphone amp input. :P