Sign in to follow this  
aloy

vote what you like!

vote aht you prefer!  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love IEMs, for their great isolation and comfort. Like full-sized ones for the bang-for-buck factor. Dislike both clip-ons and earbuds as they are (to me), horribly uncomfortable.

clipons hurt the outer-side of my ears

earbuds hurt my ears

IEM for outdoor easy to bring around and doesnt mess up my hair lol

headphones are for another enjoyment at home and also nt to disturb my family as im nocturnal.

clipons hurt the outer-side of my ears

earbuds hurt my ears

IEM for outdoor easy to bring around and doesnt mess up my hair lol

headphones are for another enjoyment at home and also nt to disturb my family as im nocturnal.

Wow, similar sentiments. :D

╣ĞẰdġ3Ŧ•ƒЯ3дҜâ„¢╠ ╣дµםίö•ƒЯ3дҜâ„¢╠ ╣ЇЄM•ƒЯ3дҜâ„¢╠

:DD

I like IEMs for portability and isolation, also for iems like the westone style look very 'stealth' compared to buds. But for SQ, I'll take full sized cans anytime, the bigger the driver the better. :D Hate buds, clip-ons usually hurt after sometime. Still, just ordered a pair of ksc75.:P

i don't think the poll would be fair if we can vote twice right?

Maybe should phrase it like "if you are to choose only one, which will that be?"

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Edited by Nu_Omega

i have a problem with full size headphones...in that they do not seem to be able to reproduce the same roundness/fullness of a sound that the UM2 can. i'm not sure if i'm explaining myself clearly enough though, as up till now, i've only met one other guy who shares the same sentiments as me. i've tried messing with the positioning of the cans on my head, around my ears, but to no avail. granted my experience with headphones go only as far as what wilson has on display in his shop, i'm beginning to doubt if i can ever find a pair that may satisfy me in this aspect.

oh wait. i did already. the k1000 did. err but i suppose thats not counted.

Definitely a full size headphone. That's wat I am using also outdoor.

I preferred them to earphone as I find that they are more comfortable & offered a better overall sound.

I think the only disadvantage of full size headphone is the portability. I carried it in my bag.

Anyway, you need a portable amp to better the headphone.

Edited by Jeremy

For outdoor use, I almost always use IEMs(Such as my trusty new E500). I almost never take my full sized cans out of my house. I still think walking around the street with full size headphones makes you look like an idiot.

Anyway, i'm not sure if many would notice that the poll can be little misleading.

which one do you prefer for overall usage? (overall = indoor/outdoor, SQ/sound iso, all together)

Should we poll for Indoor or Outdoor? Based on Sound Quality or Isolation? Results could not be seen in the poll unless we add replies.

No offense intended, just hope to have a clearer picture of the poll. :))

Anyway, i'm not sure if many would notice that the poll can be little misleading.

which one do you prefer for overall usage? (overall = indoor/outdoor, SQ/sound iso, all together)

Should we poll for Indoor or Outdoor? Based on Sound Quality or Isolation? Results could not be seen in the poll unless we add replies.

No offense intended, just hope to have a clearer picture of the poll. :))

I also think that the variables such be narrower since preferences change in different situations. Anyway, being able to poll twice kinda defeats the whole purpose.