Sign in to follow this  
aloy

vote what you like!

vote aht you prefer!  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have a problem with full size headphones...in that they do not seem to be able to reproduce the same roundness/fullness of a sound that the UM2 can. i'm not sure if i'm explaining myself clearly enough though, as up till now, i've only met one other guy who shares the same sentiments as me. i've tried messing with the positioning of the cans on my head, around my ears, but to no avail. granted my experience with headphones go only as far as what wilson has on display in his shop, i'm beginning to doubt if i can ever find a pair that may satisfy me in this aspect.

oh wait. i did already. the k1000 did. err but i suppose thats not counted.

Perhaps you aint looking in the right direction. It could be your partnering equipment instead of the cans. Gotta troubleshoot each link in the system before we can be certain though.

After having spent about a month with an UM2, I switched to Beyer DT770pro and DT831 and yes indeed, the overall sound seems less full but I feel it's an "aural illusion", because the whole soundstage expands in all dimensions, much akin to looking at the entire painting as a whole than a particular spot.

Edited by Mackie

because the whole soundstage expands in all dimensions, much akin to looking at the entire painting as a whole than a particular spot.

Yeah, I think that is the word to describe it. And to get the full potential of a headphone, u will definitely need a portable amp.

ok. sorry for this lousy poll.

Hey man its not lousy, just that it needs to be a tad more specific.

Different people can interpret the questions in like a million ways.

Thanks for creating the poll

Cheers :party:

(Yes, I wore AT monitor headphones on the trains before :P )

:D Actually I have seen quite a few people go on trains with their FC7/HQ1700s. I've tried that once, but had to turn on too loudly before hearing anything. Tunnel noises are too loud. <_<

Perhaps you aint looking in the right direction. It could be your partnering equipment instead of the cans. Gotta troubleshoot each link in the system before we can be certain though.

After having spent about a month with an UM2, I switched to Beyer DT770pro and DT831 and yes indeed, the overall sound seems less full but I feel it's an "aural illusion", because the whole soundstage expands in all dimensions, much akin to looking at the entire painting as a whole than a particular spot.

i must admit i've never thought of the problem that way. perhaps i shall have another go, bringing my own CDs and listening through wilson's CD player and amp setup the next time i drop by jaben. i've been doing all my listening on an iPod and a portable amp so far. thanks for the suggestion.

hmmm... cause i wanted the "overall" in the poll thing to be something like, if you could only have a choice of headphones and IEMs, which one will you choose?