Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Need a comparison about this few models

hung bros do allow audition of cans/buds below S$200.

i think just that the packaging must be easily removable and it's not sealed.

sipher,

examples? when i was there i was TOLD by them that they would not let me audition anything that was

a. portable.

b. worth below $200.

must've been my suay luck that day i went. mad.gif

i audition AudioTechnica earclip headphones (cant remember the model) which cost less than $100. after the audition, i didnt like them and didnt buy, the sales lady did give me pissed off look. hehe

also, the beyer and senn demo stands that they have...some of the cans are less than $200.

lastly, a HD497 (i think so) which is not on the demo stand. it cost ard $100 too

haha maybe after what you did they stopped auditions of the lower end models.

i remember specifically asking once to audition the ath-em7 and being turned down.

as for the stands, whoops. my bad. you are right, there ARE cans there worth less than $200.

thank you adhoc and Sipher. The boss did not contact me anymore after i said that i need to audit the Koss EQ50 before i buy. Maybe he would think that i won't buy it if i don;t like it. Or maybe as you said, they don't allow audition for products less than $200 now tongue.gif

No chance to audit the Koss EQ50 and write a review now no.gif

charismastic,

no shop will allow you to do audition of buds/cans that cost below S$200.

hmm... i bought my hd200($105) from hungbro, that time the shop don't have the senn/beyer hp stand yet. I requested to audition(should i say just listen?) the cans fresh from the box and the younger mostache guy obliged. Recently bought the koss ksc50 from the shop, no audition as the earclip is sealed in the plastic cover. Now the situation may be diff that I do not know.

The value is diff between an ex-demo(someone tried the can) and a new can. The shop and dealer have their reservation. We have dealer and former dealer here also, u can ask them.

Neither I talk good nor bad about any audio shop, to me, they are businessmen, sell high & earn more.

LOL! Sing-sing!

I was only curious about it & wasn't really going to get one but since you offered why not? I'm game. Want to try as many 'cans' as possible.

Heard the

1) MX500

2) EX71

3) ER6

If driven from a portable, the EX71 is only slightly better that the MX500 with better 'air' and 'presence'. I did not find the EX71 to be too bassy. The MX500 has more prominent mids (which most music is coming from), so it tends to sound good. I also find the bass from the MX500 satisfactory. The ER6 is a big leapppp, both in performance and in price. I got the MX500 in the end because I am not very particular about portable music and the ER6 is too expensive.

I'm a earbud person by the way, when it comes to music on the move.

This is where I hear differently to others. The ER-6 sounded no better than the MX400 (MX500 w/o inline vol control). It sounded tinny & bass is hardly there. In retrospect, maybe mine was defective but when the new owner used them he had no such complaints so maybe the design of the canal phones & rubber seal did not suit me unlike the ER-4S which to me is leaps & bounds better (well, for that astronomical price, I bought it even before headroom's price hike!). Getting a good seal was never a problem except for getting used to it for the first few days. I had the ER-6 for a week then I just gave up. Cleaned up the plugs with disinfectant & restored them for it's next owner.

I personally find opinions of different ear buds really sway wildly from one person to another. I think it is largely owing to how the ear buds sit in each person's pair of ears. Eg, a tight fit will produce better bass while a looser fit weakens.

I have EX70 and find it neither too bassy (I'm very turned off by this) nor harsh but I agree the mids are rather recessed. However, it's quite revealing as I've used these buds to audition various Sony pcdps (sucked big time). Rejection was almost instant until I settled on a Panasonic. To be fair, I actually spent quite some time to decide which silicone adapter fits me best before achieving optimal sound quality.

I've been an avid user of Sony pcdps for a long time...last model being D777. Current range fell short of the sound quality I've gotten used to with earlier Sony models.

ok (BTW i'm always a sony user when it comes to portable music. tried a few other brands but not panasonic. maybe i should try them next)

Back to Topic wink.gif