Guest joi-ful

UPDATE: UM1 rocks my socks!

Guest joi-ful

I've been enjoying my SR60 and KSC75 so much that my UM1 sounded like crap for quite a period of time. Just two hours ago, I connected my UM1 to my DAP again and yucks! Why did I even buy these in the first place?

Unsure of whether I've grown accustomed to open headphones or whether the UM1s were definitely overrated, I decided to browse through the UM1 appreciation threads in Head-fi and holy cow, I was positive I have completely different earphones as them! :cry:

Then I lan lan put them on again, hoping to like them again. This time, I feel that the sound didn't quite come thru... somehow the sound seems muffled and veiled... and hey, the isolation isn't really there as well. It then dawned upon me that I might not be wearing these neat stuff properly. After some adjustments I finally got a good fit with them and there you go!! PURE AUDIO BLISS!!

:party::party::party:

THAT"S THE SAME EXACT SOUND THAT MADE ME GO FOR THE UM1 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! Damn me for getting too excited over my new headphones that I neglected these cool IEMs!! :ppth: The SQ of UM1 is definitely on par with the KSC75!

So to all people who somehow think that IEMs sounds tinny/muffled/plain suck, give them a another try, You may just achieve a totally new audio experience :whistle:

PS: Sorry for all the exclaimation marks, getting too excited. Hey! I was about to dump the UM1 at Classifieds ya know? Hmmm, I think I might still take a trip down SE to try out some other IEMs... At least now I will have a more accurate idea of what I want :))

Edited by joi-ful

different tips make the um1 sound differently.

the hardest is the tri flanges, that when placed improperly, you hear muffled sounds.

I prefer using my ksc75 for classical pieces and my sf5 for the rest..

I hate the sf5 in classical songs... IEM's and Headphones can nvr be compared... no matter wad the price diff..

^ It really depends on what sort of music you are talking about. Orchestra pieces require a wider soundstage, which IEMs often fail to provide.

However, would you rather a HD201 to a UE10 pro for vocals? :P I know it's not a fair comparision, just used it to show that there are indeed some genres which IEMs are decent at.

I've been enjoying my SR60 and KSC75 so much that my UM1 sounded like crap for quite a period of time. Just two hours ago, I connected my UM1 to my DAP again and yucks! Why did I even buy these in the first place?

Unsure of whether I've grown to accustomed to open headphones or whether the UM1s were definitely overrated, I decided to browse through the UM1 appreciation threads in Head-fi and holy cow, I was positive I have completely different earphones as them! :cry:

Then I lan lan put them on again, hoping to like them again. This time, I feel that the sound didn't quite come thru... somehow the sound seems muffled and veiled... and hey, the isolation isn't really there as well. It then dawned upon me that I might not be wearing these neat stuff properly. After some adjustments I finally got a good fit with them and there you go!! PURE AUDIO BLISS!!

:party::party::party:

THAT"S THE SAME EXACT SOUND THAT MADE ME GO FOR THE UM1 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! Damn me for getting too excited over my new headphones that I neglected these cool IEMs!! :ppth: The SQ of UM1 is definitely on par with the KSC75!

So to all people who somehow think that IEMs sounds tinny/muffled/plain suck, give them a another try, You may just achieve a totally new audio experience :whistle:

PS: Sorry for all the exclaimation marks, getting too excited. Hey! I was about to dump the UM1 at Classifieds ya know? Hmmm, I think I might still take a trip down SE to try out some other IEMs... At least now I will have a more accurate idea of what I want :))

haha bro.. i was starting to get to used to the um-1 level of bliss. I might want to dump these and go for sf5ley. maybe sf3.eb. you want to go down sometime? still got my number bro?

Guest joi-ful

Whoa, superfi5pro! I'm kinda interested in those as well. Will contact you soon. My promos ending tml.

hmm...talk about the UM1s everyone seems to be using either the Complys or the Tri-Flanges...seems like I am the only odd one here :P , since I am using the Westone Yellow foamies...Complys are good, but I got kinda large ear canals, so the small ones are too short and and the long ones are kinda intrusive. Shure clearflex & greyflex are out (irritate the hell outta my ears) so I tried the yellow foamies and...bliss :)). Extremely comfortable, loads of bass w/o killing the midrange. So anyone who can't get any tip to fit may wanna try these yellow foamies B)

Guest joi-ful

Using Shure grey tips now. They give me the 'my-ears-are-being-raped' feeling but hey, the sound is good!

It's most important to try out earphones before buying... Almost bought the UM1 but bought the Super.fi 3 after listening to it. More suitable for my metal music.

The "best" sleeves for you are really subjective. I personally feel that the triflanges (thanks uncle Wilson :P) were the best for isolation AND comfort (when used with the UM1)

Edited by aaron-xp