Guest joi-ful

UPDATE: UM1 rocks my socks!

i prefer the E888 in quiet places :thumbup:

who was the guy at jaben when i had trouble with the seal in my ears?

my left side was louder than the right :cry:

Edited by iAudio_rocks

well tried all tips n really hate the tri flange,some how very hard to get it right n feels weird in my ear,but the jourmey ends once i got a hold of my custom earmold :P

well tried all tips n really hate the tri flange,some how very hard to get it right n feels weird in my ear,but the jourmey ends once i got a hold of my custom earmold :P

well, erm, think again. B)

Guest joi-ful

Lol, now the thread has evolved into eartips and flanges discussion. Haha.

Btw is UM2 a significant upgrade over the UM1?? I think I got hooked on the UM1 sound signature.. hehe.

The general advice is to avoid trying on the UM2 when intending to buy the UM1. It really tempts people too much (though the price of the UM2 is around 3 times as much as the UM1)

im the living example.

it goes the same as the scene i wanna get my ms1 few mths ago.

i wanted to pruchase the ms1(like it) but i love the ms2(love it even more!)

den uncle wilson noes that i love the ms2, he said he will do 'something' abt it and yea.. i got the ms2 lol.

just like my iem hunt... im hunting below $300 range but still ended up with um2 which sounds more filling and deeper bass :)

personal impression.

Edited by ahdui

im a darn weird guy with weird ears. I prefered the um-1 over the um2. Probably something to do with my sony mp3 player.

But after auditioning sf5.pro, sf3, um1, um2 today, i felt that the superfi5.pro sounds better.

nth wrong :)

its all personal preference :)

we dont have the same ears so we tends to have different choices :)

hehe.. yeappe.. i have to agree. I'll be making a trip to jaben next weekend to audition sf5.eb . Anyone interested? Joi-ful lets go again la. Our ears are almost the same. HAHA!

Guest joi-ful

Haha. I also prefer the UM1 over the UM2, UM2 is darn good, except for the weird bass effect + it's bigger as well. Hmm, I thought it was rather obvious that the sf3studio has a bit of a bloated bass and it's not as refined with poorer soundstage and imaging compared to the sf5pro.

Seriously, I think I can be happy with just the sf3studio..... I like the UE sound signature. =D

as a UE fan myself... i'd say "you'll not go wrong with them"

:grin::grin:

But you have to see about personal prefrences, i am a fan of both the westones and the UE, but i bot the UE cuz i listen rock more often, and warmer, larger soundtage, really dun give the music the much needed "kick"...lol

Anyway. I still feel um2 is far superior to um1, but if some of u guys prefer um1 over um2, good for u... (sh*t lar, i wished i was like that, could've saved money... :ppth: )

Guest joi-ful

UM2 sure is better than the UM1. But if I were to get it at that kind of price, I think it had better do something to improve the bass of the UM2. There's a weird mid-bass hump which kinda spoils the whole music.

Where vocals kick in, it's nice though...

Sigh, how I wish there's an IEM which packs in the sound signature of the KSC75, closer so far would be the superfi5pro. Btw contrary to some people's beliefs, I don't find the mids of sf5pro to be recessed at all. Just that the Westone UM series have more emphasis on the mids that's all, so comparing the two....

agreed. Haha.. im thankful i've got weird ears.

Sf3 bass is that a bit bloated, but i would say both um1 and sf3 gt their strong points. But i personally prefer sf3 over the um-1 for rock.

Which is why i think after testing sf5.eb next week at jaben, i will make my decision on whether i would get the pro or eb