Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Pumice stones

Anyone know where i can get thick small blocks or cubes of them.

Looking for some feet for my speakers and equipment.

CAn i also check if anyone tried in anyway to elevate their speakers abit?

Damping material for speakers? anyone have any recommendations for this.?

Looking forward to some advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Ha ha. I must be out of touch with hifi, cos I never heard of using pumice before. Anyway, you should be able to find them in Watsons, Guardians etc.

Ha ha. I must be out of touch with hifi, cos I never heard of using pumice before. Anyway, you should be able to find them in Watsons, Guardians etc.

Saw it in watson but dun have the size i wanted.

if i remember correctly, there was some thread on echoloft a few months ago on using pumice stone for this purpose ... according to the echoloft guys, apparently quite a number of Guardian pharmacies ran out of pumice stone after the thread expanded!!!

okay, seems like you are looking for using the pumice with the bearings as feets? I saw plenty of pumices at larger guardians and watsons. Citylink Mall Guardian, Bishan Guardian and Takashimaya Watsons has alot. Sizes are about the size of those thick tissue packs, not those 25cent coffee shop kind. Are those what you are looking for?

Anyway I'm using soundcare superspikes for my speakers and XS. I can't discern any difference from the soundcare feet on my XS, although I noticed a little improvement when changing to a suspended rack with the feets still on.

Edited by viix

okay, seems like you are looking for using the pumice with the bearings as feets? I saw plenty of pumices at larger guardians and watsons. Citylink Mall Guardian, Bishan Guardian and Takashimaya Watsons has alot. Sizes are about the size of those thick tissue packs, not those 25cent coffee shop kind. Are those what you are looking for?

Anyway I'm using soundcare superspikes for my speakers and XS. I can't discern any difference from the soundcare feet on my XS, although I noticed a little improvement when changing to a suspended rack with the feets still on.

care to share more info about the soundcare superspike.

I needed something that can support he speakers and at the same time lifet it a little higher...

But why pumice? Got any links so as to satisfy my curiosity fast? :)

I can't remember the exact costs of the cerabase. It was between $700-$800 dollars. However be careful when you are handling the cerabase, if you drop it on your equipment, it may just leave more than a dent.

wow the cerabase looks damm power... :DD

Are they expensive.?

the big ones look just about the right height i need..

The cerabase are a few hundred a set of 4 and can cost up to a grand just for speakers. Check with MBD for latest prices. The soundcare superspikes are cheaper, from $80(or 90) onwards from musiclink for 4 speaker feets.

Soundcare

On the otherhand, you can use threaded spikes (cheaper options) available in most adelphi shops for under $60.

Edited by viix

Guess if you are really on a budget, then go ahead with viix recommendations. If your speakers are not that heavy, you could try the Cerapuc for your rack. For your speakers you can go with spikes. I am using spikes for my speakers. Only for the rack, I use the Cerabase.

cerabase is out of range le..kekek

will go into and have a look at the various spike.

In fact i have spike on them now but the height is not there and the floor is uneven and when ever i shift i have to place coins and stuff pretty bad situation i hav got here.

heady for the

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/sblocks1e.html