vii_haven

the NEW iPod Shuffle anyone?

anyone here got the new ipod shuffle already? i got mine yesterday. wanna hear what you guys have to say about the SQ of the new shulffe. =) anyone? pics too!

I listened to it briefly for about an hour yesterday after getting it. SQ in my opinion is definitely WAY better than my 3G iPod. vocals and acoustic guitar are so much clearer and forward. soundstage is wider and deeper. i'm using the UM2 with widex custom molds.

Edited by vii_haven

Wow, hows the SQ compared to the old ipod shuffle? The old ipod shuffle's SQ was pretty good, if it's better, then I might get 1 too :)

I've only used the old Shuffle for like 5 minutes before. Not able to compare with the new one. Too little time spent with it. But i think value wise, the new shuffle is really cheap for the 1gb, physical size and looks, and for SQ. But if you're the kind that likes to choose your songs then i guss it's not really for you?

Read thus Head-Fi and conclude that the SQ of the old shuffle is much better than the new shuffle.

But i prefer the design of the new Shuffle.

I have my CDs all ripped in ALAC format so if I go for the iPod shuffle that would be a real hassle to manage eh? With little songs to enjoy. I just need something small like the iPod shuffle to carry around with 192 kbps AAC encoding options. Sigh, think I give it a pass, don't want to re-rip my albums again. <_>

I doubt ipod Shuffle could use ALAC.

Even if it can use ALAC,You wont be able to much songs in it also.

How about getting the Ipod 2G 8gb?

Read thus Head-Fi and conclude that the SQ of the old shuffle is much better than the new shuffle.

But i prefer the design of the new Shuffle.

Where in headfi did you read this? i'd like to take a loook too. seems like not many pple have posted stuff about their new shuffle yet. coming from the ipod3G, the shuffle definitely sounds better. haha.

As of now, Flash memory is still more expensive than HDD based memory.

I'd pick flash anyday over HDD though, less worry of moving parts.

the price for the iPod 2g 8GB can get a 30GB real iPod leh.. all $428, don't know why their pricing that way :gun2:

You notice the storage capacity but you don't notice the size difference?