Sign in to follow this  
jlingo

E500 Sleeves Vs Sensaphonics Pics!

There will be more Pics coming sorry for Slow server.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry the Link was not working yesterday due to server problems.

wsilvio:

Yes it is sounded thick, textured warm and much more intimate. It is a much higher resolution, better dynamics. Less Soundstage but you feel the music instead of only hearing the music. The sound is no longer balance but yet involving. I found only one problem, the high becomes more rolled for both UM2 and E500. So it's giving a perception of muddiness. You wil have to turn on the trebleboost which is not recommended.

SteaxAuce:

I will choose Sensaphonics any day very slim small, light and very comfortable. The E500 + Custom Sleeves looks Big and Ugly. :) It is sticking out like the Super.Fi.

I just received my Sensaphonics from a repair Chicago last week. I noticed that the high is much better than before. Perhaps in The US, Sensaphonics high frequency has been improved as well? I need someone else to confirm on this.

Sensaphonics is more detailed, laid back, more balanced, better high, and bigger soundstage, smoother than UM2(UM56) and E500(Custom).

I like Sensaphonics, I can listen to it for the whole day without fatique. With Sensaphonics, you can throw pretty much any recordings, good or poor recordings, it would still sound decent. E500 sounds harsh sometimes with certain recordings. But E500 is much less harsh with custom Sleeves. It is a completely different beast compared to its Universal Brother.

Kichu1979:Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves are much superior than UM56 in comfort only:

E500 Is also locked into place very nicely. So it won't come off from the mould as easily. Resulting in a better and quicker insertion or removal. Much more comfortable than UM56. E500 is bigger and heavier than UM2. So using UM56 with E500, I found that E500 was puling UM56 down. Therefore the UM56 Silicon inside the ears were putting pressure to my Ear canal so it became very sore after an hour or so. I didn't experience this problem with Sensaphonics Silicon'

Sensaphonics Silicon is also softer.

BUT the sound is nicer with UM56, I don't experience as much high being rolled off.

Artears:

I use foamies and other tips before with E500 but didn't like the sound(Less involving, harsher, very light and dry not as rich sounding). I have always liked the sound coming out of the Silicon: UM56, Sensa Sleeves, Sensa 2X-S.

I used E500 for a month before taking a plunge on Custom Sleeves. The same happened to UM2. The UM56 converted it into a different beast. Better Clarity, Bass, Resolution and much more. No More muddiness feeling. Although after listening to the Sensaphonics 2X-S, I found E500 and UM2 to be Muddy.

As a side note:With E500, I like the sound coming out of the default grey tip as well. It sounds airy, sweet with good soundstage.

Edited by jlingo

The custom mold isn't just the eartip? It wraps the whole E500? Looks very big on the ear..

how much did you pay for the sensaphonics molds for the e500 alone? you think they do um2 as well?

Doesn't this look like an ideal custom ear-tip for the super fi. series?

Itsn't that gonna look freaky? UE carrots wrapped in silicon poking out of your ears...

But the sensa customs do look better than the um56s.

Itsn't that gonna look freaky? UE carrots wrapped in silicon poking out of your ears...

But the sensa customs do look better than the um56s.

Sensa has always been specialized in Silicon Molds, They don't really do Acrylic. Where Westone has been specialized in acrylic. So it would make Sense that Sensaphonics Silicon is a higher quality.

how much did you pay for the sensaphonics molds for the e500 alone? you think they do um2 as well?

USD$100.-

Sensa has always been specialized in Silicon Molds, They don't really do Acrylic. Where Westone has been specialized in acrylic. So it would make Sense that Sensaphonics Silicon is a higher quality.

USD$100.-

Ok, here it is the conclusion, E500 + Custom Sleeves, is very analytical, thick, great bass, and good isolation, a bit on congested side and muddy.

E500 with Grey Tips, Very sweet, good soundstage, splashy high, airy, but poor isolation. So it's all up to you to choose.

Sensaphonics, is very rich and smooth sounding, it's also very addicting, very comfortable. It's the number one pick for me.

Anyhow, I have to turn off all the EQ. I have learnt something today, EQing changes the character for each IEM and for the worst. :( I didn't really like it in a long listening session, UM2 has become less balance and harsh, the sweet midrange disappeared. E500 is the same thing changes the midrange less warm.

So I guess, Sensaphonics has got them all, sound stage, smoothness, good bass, and great high extension.

Edited by jlingo

I just tried Sensaphonics Sleeves with UM2. Also the same, resulting in a darker sound. The high is more rolled off. So I guess, no win-win situation.

UM56: great sounding(Good High)

Sensaphonics Sleeves: great comfort(Roll off high)

Edited by jlingo

I just tried Sensaphonics Sleeves with UM2. Also same results, darker sounding. The high is more rolled off. So I guess, no win-win situation.

UM56: great sounding(Good High)

Sensaphonics Sleeves: great comfort(Roll off high)

the sensa sleeves are removable? they look embedded. did you have color options?

the sensa sleeves are removable? they look embedded. did you have color options?

removable.