Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

server crashing?

smile.gif

20 gigs a month?

and ablaze, about the OT discussion, sad2.gif

what to do?

yep. 20gigs a month. smile.gif

don't go OT on topics like these, if not if it goes too far, the posts will just be deleted wink.gif

20 gig a month is a lot. It depends on how much data being upload by the server. The best way to utilize this server is to upload pictures using external link.

But of course it will bit slow. laugh.gif

Good thing we maxed out the 2Gigs otherwise ablaze would not have gotten his money's worth!

Jason: The only thing with linking external pics is the copyright issues. Note that most sites have a fine print at the bottom of their page or other. In most cases they probably won't mind the free publicity but make sure the original owner is ok with it.

Oh, I meant we found out the server maxed out when we reached 2Gigs not 20Gigs. If we never passed 2 Gigs we would have never been the wiser! Rugi!

as I said, it was just a misconfig on the host's part. they've corrected it to 20gigs now. maybe I should ask for compensation for the downtime biggrin.gif

That's not a bad idea actually. Since we all could do our part by collecting the down time data as proof:

Date -

Time downtime started -

Time server back up -

But then again SGH is an no profit so we can't really justify it either. However it's still good statistical data for us to compile as a means of reassesing the host's performance when it's time to renew the subscription.

Mine seems fine, anyone else having problems?

for me, half of the smilies are gone.