tassardar_

Which portable headphones are good?

Just want to ask some personal experience from the people here. Which portable headphones are good?

px100

ksc75

portapro

I like grado sound signature so somethign similar to it will be nice. I find headphones more confortable then IEM at times and the difference in sound is quite huge when compared to price.

If anyone else know any more good portable headphones do list down here. Preferable foldable.

Edited by tassardar_

If you enjoy Grado-like sound, the ksc75 come pretty close to them.

The Kramer-mod ksc75 are almost the same league.

Other good portable headphones, maybe a ATH-FC7? :rolleyes:

hmm... all the models OP listed are open-backed... open may give better sound, but in a portable environment, open = cannotmakeit due to external noises.

so... for closed-back headphone, give the K81DJ a try... it's foldable :)

FOr open, lightweight designs I prefer the ksc75 over the portapro, which I find is too dark for my tastes. Closed design I like my k81dj. Slightly less treble than the ksc75, but better bass and details. But the clamping pressure prevents me from using them for long periods of time.

yeah, i have all three woodies grados for "portable", portable as in as "office can". But to use them in open environment, is a no no to me :no:

IPB Image

i like the closed back design k81dj too, but a bit uncomfortable for long hours listening. :sweat:

oh, have you considered iGrado? B)

hmmmm... the k81dj are ok after long usage, and a bit of stretching. i put something in between the headphones and stretch them for quite a while. now i find it totally ok.

There's this one AT can which is pretty good, I was impressed so that I got one. Its the ATH ES7.

IPB Image

Mine came with a mirror surface on the back of the drivers. They are closed and therefore provide good isolation. They can be folded flat and fit into a small provided pouch.

Edited by cmk

Pretty good. Good separation, resolution of low level details, good bass. Also due to the good isolation, low level resolution is outstanding.

There's this one AT can which is pretty good, I was impressed so that I got one. Its the ATH ES7.

IPB Image

Mine came with a mirror surface on the back of the drivers. They are closed and therefore provide good isolation. They can be folded flat and fit into a small provided pouch.

Looks great. Where can I buy it and how much does it cost?