Rameish

Looking For A Cheap Digital Camera

Just found out that the Nikon SQ cost about $680 here. Not so keen now after seeing it in the flesh. It looks bigger than I expected in real life, slightly bigger than my Palm Tungsten (with the case on!).

I was surprised that the Canon G5 cost more at +$1,400 as opposed to the Sony DSC-V1 +$1,100.

dsc-V1 is quite nice biggrin.gif

if I am not wrong it's the successor to the F717 right? hmm..

G5 for 1.4 k? omg.. you can save yourself at least 200 dollars or more here laugh.giflaugh.gif

Yeah I agree SQ isn't really that pretty. Infact I prefer the ixus V3 or even S400 to that. Canon's ixus series are just more fashionable and take nice pictures too wink.gif

Seriously for 3 MP, $500-800 you should try and hunt down a 2nd hand G3. Worth every penny man happy.gif . But if you want to go for 1st hand then I guess the canon S400, S50, etc should be in your list.I am not too experienced with other cameras. I've tried a friend's 2mp nikon 775 and sony p-9. Not too bad but I'm inclined to canon because of their good features, image quality and reasonable price.

I would've recommended you the S45 or even S40 for their size but then their macro is nothing spectacular.

Edited by Blues

I'm not too keen on spending over 1K at the moment so I might look into the Digital Ixus you recommended as they look very pocketable plus price is within my range. Unless a used G3 comes along wink.gif