fabio84

Looking for new IEM

My right E2C earphones jus died..now i have to get a new one

WaS tinking of changinge to UM1 instead..my budget is like less than 200...much less

But looking at the forums, some seem to recommend the superfi3..any comments..or should i just stick to the e2c..i quite like the sound of it, although the bass is abi muddy

I usually listen to rock n some metal music..n i like the bass sounds

Any1 has any idea how much these 3 earphones are sell for at Stereo?

Thanks

Edited by fabio84

all should be within your budget

i like the mids of UM1 and the bass is sufficient for the pop rock i listen to

but some may find the bass lacking (thus, they go for UM2 :P )

comfort is a big factor for me and UM1 wins hands down among the 3...

advise for u to audition it..

everyones ears are different

stereo should have em all :)

oh wow..so fast..thanks for the reply

yeah..considering to go down to test out some time..

but its gonna burn a big hole in the pocket.

UM2 out of budget..if have..i also buy..lol..no dillema

try auditioning OVC T20,read up the reviews for it.

the cheapest IEM.if you want more comfort & better sound quality,

go and make a custom mold for it.total damage around SGD250.

i heared that super fi 5 pro is a good IEM for Rock and Roll cause its balanced, but initial dmg 365,

if u want bass and clarity Um2 is your friend, initial dmg 440

if u totally wanna feel bass and let go of treble/mids Super fi 5 EB is your companion but its big and ugly and not really good for metals, initial dmg 209

if u wanna upgrade from dynamic to single drive, both Um 1 and Sf3 are your big,second wifes the sound quality of both are alittle balanced

bass wise not as strong as E2c but treble and mid made up for it

initial dmg 159 , 159

so total dmg will be 1332!!!! KO

LOl..like some DOTA game in here..deal initial dmg..

My HP only worth like 170 la..if deal such dmg..i will die..

Thanks for the input anyways..yeah considering the superfi 3, cos i heard the UM1 ain't tat good in bass component.. i need the bass to get the kick out of the music i listen to..

Mayb i have to up my hp in order to really enjoy..

i dun really recommand both Um1 and sf3 for *kick out* bass since i owned both be4 .

the most kick out bass IEM will be superfi 5 EB thoose things

when playing bass rich music ,the whole thing will vibrate

and u will hear 80% of the music to be *poom poom poom poom!*and the bass is not muddy as Ex71 or E2c, think mostly u will like it

and for u're max hp juz find a buffer or lvl up until u get 209 for it

Edited by Xiao_Catz

i was a user of e2c. yes i love the bass. but then again, once i tried the superfi 5eb. e2c is no where near. sound quality is so much more better. and the bass is fantastic. go try auditioning one, u'll understand. i listen mainly to rock.

Bit of an ancient but well, try not to miss out on ATH CK7? We are in the same boat but you are much more luckier, I don't have even some money to start me off with budgeting..looking forward to chinese new year for promotions! (hint :D )

Since Friday I have the UE Super.fi 5 EB's. If you want bass, they will definitely give you bass. It takes a while to get used to them because they are HUGH and can be painful in your ears. I tested them today with different kinds of music and must say that the the rest of the audio spectrum is crystal clear. My opinion is that bass is always the weakest point of IEM's and the UE's deliver with gusto. I compared them today at Stereo's with the UM-2's which are also bass-rich but twice as expensive. The comparison can best be described like this: With the UM-2's I was standing in the studio with 50 Cent listening to him from a safe 5 meter distance. With the UE's I had mr. Cent standing face to face to me asking me to go to his candy shop. A scary thought indeed :o . Listening to Orff's Carmina Burana with the UM2's I was sitting front row hearing the choir sing very naturally. With the UE's I was standing IN the choir, elbow to elbow with the singers. I could almost hear where every soprano, tenor and bariton was standing. I used my iPod 5G with the LDM+ amp and a prototype silver interconnect which made the whole experience very uncolored. Using a copper interconnect (like the Black Emperor) makes the sound a bit more muffled which favours the neutral signature of the UM2's.

Edited by Singapura

EB ha the bass is so strong that gives some ppl headache so u will agar agar know how it fare, the best is u go try out first see if u can tahan or not

p.s although i strongly recommand going Sf 5 pro for long term listening

instead of Eb cause it will do you *damage* after long term use

Edited by Xiao_Catz

is the 5EB the one which is HUGE and has a VERY wonky shape?

cause i tried that, the bass is strong.....too strong........ and the mids and highs suffer TOO much in my opinion.

the DTX 50 on the other hand, makes a fine balence, even though the bass be abit too strong for some :))