Sign in to follow this  
ssheavy

price of MS1

hi guys. how much exactly is the Alessandro MS1 in singapore? and where to buy? And, it comes with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter right? thanks!

You're just too late, I sold mine yesterday :)) . If you want to buy you can go to Jaben (4th floor Adelphi) or Stereo. The price is SGD 175,00. I didn't have an adapter with it.

alamak... :D sounds good but does it come with the adapter? Its included according to alessandro website. I need it as I'm using a PA2V2.

Hi ssheavy

I got mine from Hung Bros for S$169. it includes the adapter but i thought the PAv2 uses the 1/8"? (the headphones jack for my MS-1's the 1/8. So I have no use of the 1/8" to 1/4")

From Alessandro's site...NOTE: Models listed "w/ mini-plug" come with a small 1/8" plug plus the adaptor to convert to full size 1/4"

Edited by warsurferX

Hi All,

I'm intending to get a SR80 or MS1 for casual listening in the night. Would this be more worthwhile getting compared to the SR80?

Please advise.

Cheers!

Hi All,

I'm intending to get a SR80 or MS1 for casual listening in the night. Would this be more worthwhile getting compared to the SR80?

Please advise.

Cheers!

U'll need to do a side by side comparison to answer your own qns. I own the MS-1, what I can say are these cans are very good for general purpose listening and more tuned towards rock. SR80 on other hand, from what I read is that its rather more aggresive and in your face. Pple peg MS-1 as a more neutral sounding can vis-a-vis a SR125...

If you do get the MS-1s....go for the flat pads or mod your own.

I do agree that the SR80 may sound more aggressive with the shrill highs but it does rip out details well so it is good for instrumental, new age & vocal. However the low slam is not strong so for new orchestrals & slow rock, it may lack excitements. Guess MS-1 may be the way to go... :P

Thanks for the input guys! Really appreciate your comments!

I will be changing the pads and adding the Beyer headband too as I did find Grados rather uncomfortable last time.

I will audition these 2 soon.

Cheers!

Guys sorry for cutting into this thread but i jus want to ask whether the MS1 needs an amp to work on my handphone MP3?

Edited by wes88

It works well off my MP3 player, so the handphone should drive it okay.

I hope you're not meaning to use it while travelling though. It totally does not block out any sound.

It works well off my MP3 player, so the handphone should drive it okay.

I hope you're not meaning to use it while travelling though. It totally does not block out any sound.

Plus it will annoy the hell outta the pple around you.